Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

why all the talk of 04+ master cylinders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why all the talk of 04+ master cylinders?

are 2000-2003 gixxer 600/750 MCs not as effective as the later ones? I'm looking on ebay and i'm mainly seeing 2000-2003 ones
    Last edited by joeyz34; 04-24-2008, 06:28 PM.

of course newer should always be better. I don't know what the difference could be, maybe larger piston? or just a cooler looking design.

but really if you are looking for better braking.....SS lines, new fluid, HH pads in the front, and you are stopping great...repeat for the back, except with GG pads.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I have HH pads in the rear too, as long as you know they're there and you don't break like an idiot, they're fine.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        I have HH pads in the rear too, as long as you know they're there and you don't break like an idiot, they're fine.
        of course, you got it as what the key is....but not knowing his riding experience, thus why i recommended gg.

but like chris said , gotta know that they are there, and use them accordingly.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post

break wind?

Comment

Originally posted by joeyz34 View Post
            are 2000-2003 gixxer 600/750 MCs not as effective as the later ones? I'm looking on ebay and i'm mainly seeing 2000-2003 ones
            You would have to be on the track to truly appreciate the difference of "effectiveness" with the newer ones.

You afraid of deception? Don't worry, it's just impossible, you'll like your 2000-2003 gixxer big time.

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
              break wind?

But seriously...
              Chris, how long have you been using HH rears on the Kat? Is the lock up predicable?
              Was that on a new rotor? Can you trail brake with them?

Honestly I think people have stuck on '04 GSX-R MCs because that is the one I fitted.
              I'm not claiming to have started any kind of trend but I think some people have just matched my set up because it's a proven fit. I'm willing to bet that any year GSX-R MC will work. But I strongly suggest getting the newest on you can..
              Last edited by Black_peter; 04-25-2008, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                I'm willing to bet that any year GSX-R MC will work. But I strongly suggest getting the newest on you can..

I agree, I'm sure the difference can't really be noticed.

Comment

But seriously...
                  Chris, how long have you been using HH rears on the Kat? Is the lock up predicable?
                  Was that on a new rotor? Can you trail brake with them?
                  since I built it that way. the rear pedal is adjust low so you do not lock them up. uuummm... thats with a new Galfer wave rotor. Yes, if you're not a moron, of course the only person that's ridden it with the HH pads is Craig, he's my service manager at Suzuki, I'm pretty sure he's not new at this

Comment

I had HH pads on the rear as well. Although it IS easier to lock them up, I never really used the rear brake when i needed to brake hard. I normally use them just to slow down a little bit.

I'm using an MC from an honda vtr1000, you aren't limited to suzuki you know...
                    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                    18v Rigid Drill
                    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

I'm willing to bet that any year GSX-R MC will work. But I strongly suggest getting the newest on you can..
                      Originally posted by slamcool View Post
                      I agree, I'm sure the difference can't really be noticed.
                      That's not what I meant at all.. I meant that they would work..
                      You absolutely should notice a difference..

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
                      I'm using an MC from an honda vtr1000, you aren't limited to suzuki you know...
                      Very good point.. I'll expand my assessment that almost all hydraulic master cylinders will work. As long as the hose will bolt to it and as long as it mounts to the handle bar. However you should keep an eye on pump volume..
                      Last edited by Black_peter; 04-25-2008, 03:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Im experimenting with a MC from an '03 SV1000S. I believe it's the same MC used on the 2000-2001 GSXR1000.

Comment

I got an MC from a 05 GSXR 750 of course thats the same MC BP has from an 04 600.

Comment

Very good point.. I'll expand my assessment that almost all hydraulic master cylinders will work. As long as the hose will bolt to it and as long as it mounts to the handle bar. However you should keep an eye on pump volume..
                            these were things i was most concerned with... i haven't been able to find any sort of cross reference list (back with my old FZR and my cruisers, there were some pretty comprehensive shared parts charts) that would make looking for simliar parts easier

and to whoever mentioned the track, it's funny, i just signed up for a track day in july (so much for it being just a weekend canyon toy)

i'm sure the katana won't handle anything like my old fzr, but i had a blast on my old vfr years ago so i figured i've give it a shot

Comment

Originally posted by joeyz34 View Post
                              these were things i was most concerned with...
                              I think there are only about different 3 piston bores..
                              Try cross referencing the seals

Comment

Working...
                              X