Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts on the Katana seat cowls?

Comment

Lookin good

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

I've got to ask you what the link for the Touring windscreen is that you bought.

I've been looking for a decently priced sport-touring windscreen, but can't determine if I want a "smoked" (whatever that means...), "light smoke" or "dark smoke".

The one on your bike was just labeled "smoke" and nothing else?
        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
        - Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by christianguitarest View Post
          I decided to not use the pipe. It was fun, but really loud and after I put the new stock can back on there was a pretty substantial difference in performance. Maybe this next winter Ill look for a new can.
          Who would have thought that running almost straight from the header would make a difference in performance? (Please note sarcasm) lol

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
          I've got to ask you what the link for the Touring windscreen is that you bought.

I've been looking for a decently priced sport-touring windscreen, but can't determine if I want a "smoked" (whatever that means...), "light smoke" or "dark smoke".

The one on your bike was just labeled "smoke" and nothing else?
          You can get one at motorcycle-superstore.com they have EXCELLENT customer service and have incredibly fast shipping. light smoke is like a light black tint. dark smoke is almost so dark you cant see through it.
          Last edited by STULER; 06-24-2012, 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
          Current Bikes:
          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

[QUOTE=STULER;2207749]Who would have thought that running almost straight from the header would make a difference in performance? (Please note sarcasm) lol

Very funny. The performance difference was not a good one, the bike ran like crap at idol, was hard to start. Only smooth running was at full throttle.

Comment

Found Ive got a leak in my pulse generator gasket today.

Comment

I got my gasket replaced and I went on a trip to Kansas City last week. Total ride for the week was a little over 1400 miles. I had 3 break downs all due to vapor lock as on Monday the temp was 105F and on Friday on the ride home it was 98F. Stupid states using only ethanol.

Comment

That sucks, but at least you made it there!

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Nice transformation man. May i suggest the Mesh Mod? i would go a metallic silver to match your wheels and exhaust, plus it would compliment the black too. Also you can still access the idle adjustment through the mesh holes, permitting your tool of choice isnt too thick. Other than that, you seem to have everything pretty nice. how do your gauges look? any mods? either way nice work

Comment

Great Job man

Comment

So I know this is an old thread and I forgot to mention it, but I had to sell the bike last October to pay for daycare for my child. It was wither sell the bike or sell some guitars, and as much blood sweet and tears I put into the Kat, my first love is my guitars, so the bike went. On a bright note, I did get another bike last week, not a Kat as they are really hard to find in South Dakota, and the guy I sold the bike to was not interested in letting it go. So I bought a cruiser as the only sport bike for me was a Kat. Heres what I got.

motorcycle smaller quality.jpg
                        Last edited by christianguitarest; 04-02-2013, 12:05 AM.

Comment

So yet another year and another bike. Last fall I sold the cruiser as, well, It was way to boring. So This year I got myself an 01 Ducati Monster S4. I just wanted to say thanks again for the support, this awesome forum, and for getting me on my first and still favorite bike. Thanks!
                          my bike.jpg

Comment

Just don't paint it black! Looks good.

Comment

Working...
                            X