No announcement yet.
X

New member and new rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on what else I find wrong on this bike it might be just a fix up and sell kinda deal. I have to feel safe and comfortable with what im riding, ya know.

Comment

Having had a unwitting project handed to me from my previous owner (died about 18 miles after I took it off the trailer), I've never felt more safe and secure after taking these past few winter months and poking away at components and fixing it up.
      - Purplehaze
      All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Well I guess only time will tell. Right now I just want it to fire up and move on its own power. Ive never heard this bike fire.

Here is a quick pic that I took weeks ago with the fairings laid up for the picture. Right now everything is being sanded to base for new paint.
        That black paint was HORRIBLE and they didnt even take the panels off to paint so there is overspray on everything, even the motor, forks, chain... everything...
        Attached Files

Comment

I bought my KAT in parts. The good things about these bikes is that they are awesome to ride and run very well when taken care of. I have no doubt if you put the work into it, you will feel safe riding it. You may want to give www.bikebandit.com a look. They sell OEM parts (kinda pricey) but they have exploded views of almost everything right on the site. Also somewhere around this forum you will be able to find the manual for your bike. I suggest you download it and keep it handy.

Welcome to KR!
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Oh I know, I already have the manual and ive ordered from bikebandit.com before
            One step ahead!

Comment

Working...
            X