New to the Forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum

Hello all,

New to the forum and looking for answers. I have a 1990 katana 750 with a Vance and Hines SS2R full exhaust running with 4 K&N air pods. I've been riding it naked but thinking I'd like to turn it into a bobber. I won't post my questions on that here as I figured the intro threads were not appropriate for project specifics. Ive been reading these threads for quite some time now and decided it was time to join the fam. So hello all and I look forward to learning from such a knowledgable community.

First, Welcome Second dump the K&N install the stock air box and filter, unless your running flatslide carbs. Not sure if the kat frame is suited to a bobber, too bulky in all the wrong places.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, I've been seeing that everyone is saying to run the stock air box, but could never really find why. They are the original carbs, but have recently been re-jetted to accommodate for the higher airflow.

The link follows to my thread about my bobber idea if you'd like to take a look at it. I'm thinking GS frame. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128305

Comment

Sorry new jets won't help with the K&N, I spent alot of money to try to get the K&N tuned to run right throughout the RPM range, I gave up and went back to stock. CV carbs need the proper amount of restriction from the filter to function properly. Your bike will run way better with the stock filter and airbox. Without having the GS in front of me to measure things up, I couldn't say. The GS is a better fit for a bobber than a kat though. After looking at the GS, I'm not sure the Kat motor will work. I would find some measurments for the bike, you may need to find a trashed but running GS to play with. Good luck though, I'm interested in what you come up with, maybe a new project for me also.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR!
          sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
          1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
          2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
          First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
          Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR. Good luck with the build.

Comment

Welcome and good luck with the build.

Comment

welcome . there are NO friends of K&n on this forum . jus sayin .
                im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
                  welcome . there are NO friends of K&n on this forum . jus sayin .
                  I love K&N, on my car that is.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                  X