X

Noob with a 1993 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob with a 1993 750

I'm new to the site, I was referred from a guy on S10Forum. As the title says I bought a 93 GSX750, not sure what exact model it would be.

I got it used so I expected some problems, the carbs were supposedly JUST rebuilt. It won't idle though. I have to choke it, I've already searched and I think I know where to start. I have a printed version of Carbs 101 coming to me today. She runs really good I think, but she just won't idle down without dying.

If I start getting low on fuel do I have to hit the reserve? I'm a total noob and the bike kept stalling out on me on the way home. I had to push it a ways until a nice couple stopped on their Ninja 500 and pointed out the reserve. Eventually I got her to run until I got home. She doesn't idle though and is hard starting at times. Totally random it seems.

Anyways, I'll get that figured out. I am decent with my hands and my wallet is a little thin so I'm doing this myself! Just thought I'd stop in and say hi!

Welcome to the form. Yes, this is a great forum, with lots of great people who are willing to help you get your bike back up.
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Thanks! I'm having vacuum related issues I think!

The hose it connects to isn't even in there anymore. It rotted and broke off at some point. Such is the case with some others. Maybe this is why she won't idle!?

What's the little black plastic piece in between the carbs? There is one in between the other two as well. There is like an egr valve or something under the tank with no hose running into it. Could they go there?
      Last edited by Freek; 07-06-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Welcome to KR.
        Hard to tell from the pics, but looks to me like there should be a fuel line there.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I wish there was someone nearby that could come help me out. I might be in a little over my head here. Just need a good instructor on what's what.

The hoses on the underside are suppose to run to a black canister under the seat, the ones on top I have no idea about.

Comment

That's an overflow hose, and I think the crap on the bottom is emissions stuff.

Is the bike a Cali bike?
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

welcome . lots of knowlegdable people here. i am not really included in that group but they are here.....
              im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

I'm not sure, it says it confirms to us EPA and California regulations. It's a 750F. For starters, the idle set screw was backed totally off. I'm gonna run new vacuum lines because the bottom hoses that are disconnected are purge hoses. Still need to figure out the top hoses.

Thanks for all the help so far guys. It's helped a lot just to have people to talk to about it.

The carbs look really clean inside, not to say they don't need adjusted. I don't see how to do that?

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

The two "T" fittings between carbs 1&2 and 3&4, what are they for? Once I figure that out I can go to the store and get her back together!

Comment

I believe the two "t" fittings are for the fuel lines if I am not mistaken.
                      Ride like it's your last ride
                      sigpic

Comment

Those are on the bottom of the carbs. I've got them hooked up. Maybe they're just breathers?

Comment

Alright guys I did it! She runs again! Idles good now too. Can't wait to go for a ride!

Comment

so were they just breather's or? cause I too am wondering what they go to lol I tried running the two hoses from under the battery to mine but it seems though it's too hard to connect with them being rubber to rubber, or am I missing a piece? SO Lost
                            BE GOOD PASS IT ON, SEE YA ON THE OTHER SIDE, WE ARE ALL BORN TO LIVE, AND I LIVE TO RIDE!!

Comment

Working...
                            X