Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a hose that goes from that to the top of the air box

Comment

Originally posted by ivanroberts View Post
      thanks i am going to change oil and try cleaning the carbs but it runs fine sometimes and then it does it again how can i tell if it has the stock engine in it when i took out the plugs they were not dr8es they were c9
      An intermittent issue like this would suggest it's an electrical issue... more specifically the plug wire or plug for that cylinder. Coil would mean it was both cylinders for that coil, cdi ussually also is in pairs or both pairs. So... probably a plug wire issue for cylinder 4.

As for the plugs... The OEM plug size changed for engines 95 or 96+. So just the "black" or "silver" isn't enough info to narrow down. The engine number on the case just above the oil fill can help to narrow down a more specific time frame the engine is from. Get that, write it down... post it here, and we can try and help with that.

dr8 plugs are to big wont fit does this mean it has a diff engine
      Very possibly. But then the 88 is a pain in that many things are different from every other Kat out there. If your supposed to have the DR8 plugs and your engine has the smaller holes, then yes... it's swapped.

Originally posted by Psycho1 View Post
      Why won't they fit? Are the threads the same size, but the plug doesn't want to fit down the hole with a plug socket in it? If so you might just need a thin wall socket to get them in. As far as I know all the Suzuki air/oil cooled engines that would fit would use the same plugs, so I doubt you have a non stock (or non Katana) engine in it.
      Nope, the 95 or 96+ kats swapped to a different sized plug. The newer are smaller in size.

Was quite the suprise for me as well when I ran into that having a 93 for the longest time, then ended up with a 95 and 96 model.

the pic above has a post-it on the part is there a hose that goes on there if so where does it got to
      That is the crank case breather and should have a hose connected to the air box.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

thanks everyone you have all been a big help

Comment

Working...
        X