No announcement yet.
X

1989 kat 600 pops and looses power need help goes in and out of it while riding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 kat 600 pops and looses power need help goes in and out of it while riding

i just got this 89 600 and it starts up fine after riding for a wef min it starts poping and looses power it will come out of it but then goes right back while riding has new plugs ngk 4 to 1 header v&h and was told it was jetted to match stock air box and advice also plug 4 is black the rest are white

Welcome from NC!!! When's the last time you changed the oil? Also that is definitely an indicator that something is wrong with that cylinder. Check the carb and fuel line for any defects or obstructions. How long has it been sitting? You may have to have them cleaned and rebuilt from sedimentation of old gas. Just a few ideas Good Luck

Comment

thanks i am going to change oil and try cleaning the carbs but it runs fine sometimes and then it does it again how can i tell if it has the stock engine in it when i took out the plugs they were not dr8es they were c9

Comment

hope it gets sorted out.. welcome
        im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Welcome!! and good luck with your machine!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ivanroberts View Post
              thanks i am going to change oil and try cleaning the carbs but it runs fine sometimes and then it does it again how can i tell if it has the stock engine in it when i took out the plugs they were not dr8es they were c9
              motor should be black...and id change those out asap

Comment

dr8 plugs are to big wont fit does this mean it has a diff engine

Comment

Why won't they fit? Are the threads the same size, but the plug doesn't want to fit down the hole with a plug socket in it? If so you might just need a thin wall socket to get them in. As far as I know all the Suzuki air/oil cooled engines that would fit would use the same plugs, so I doubt you have a non stock (or non Katana) engine in it.
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

the plug dr8es is to big its not the socket its just to big

Comment

ok got another question when i took the tank off there is a box silver in color with what looks like a hose should connect to but there is nothing there maybe a vacume any help would be great think maybe thats my problem

Comment

Need a pic if you can.

Comment

it has the sticker on it
                          Attached Files

Comment

the pic above has a post-it on the part is there a hose that goes on there if so where does it got to

Comment

Thats jus weird. I use a thin 11/16 socket to get mine out but idky the plug wont go n the hole

Comment

Working...
                              X