X

How do I get the generator out of my 1988 Katana 1100

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the generator out of my 1988 Katana 1100

I removed the chain gaurd and the got the 3 bolts out of the generator, it is laying loose behind the frame, but I can't get it out. Do I need to lower the motor or remove the starter to get it out. Just bought the bike, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The introduction section is used for introductions....
    so, Welcome to KR.

On the note of your question, I don't have an 1100 so I don't know if it is the same. But I can unbolt my alternator an just lift it out after taking the tank off.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Welcome. Are your tank and carbs off the bike? It's pretty tight in there so I'd say you probably need to get them out of the way.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks guys - I am brand new to the site. I do not have the tank and carbs off, but am thinking that may be the only way to get the generator out -- I only need about a 1/4" but I don't have the strength to bend the frame!! Sorry -- just got back from the bar, St. Pat Day 2 many green beers! Hope someone has run into the same issue. Over and out cold.

Comment

Sorry for posting this question in the introduction area -- can I remove this. I just re-posted in the mechanics 101 area.

Comment

Welcome to KR from NC!!! Good Luck w ur machine

Comment

Working...
            X