My Pre-Kat Streetfighter Build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where did you get the headlights from and for how much

Comment

Read the carbs101, there adjustments to check/make as you put them back together. Sounds like your float height may be adjusted wrong, since there was fuel in the oil.

Comment

Thank you both very much for the advice. I'll go to carbs 101 and do my research. I just took them apart and sprayed them with carb cleaner and threw them back together last time. This time I'll take my time and try to understand how they work and what I'm doing... I'll let you know how I make out.

Zord... I ordered them online at http://www.flyncycle.com/. Be careful... some of the headlights they sell do not come with mounting hardware. Also, read Cintidude04's comment on the previous page; the headlights are not DOT approved. I had them shipped overnight and I think I paid $100.

Comment

good luck on finishing your build. i hope to see the fully done product of your hard work

Comment

Hey man, bike looks sick, where did you order the headlight from? Trying to do some work to my 99 Kat. I need a headlight!

Comment

Originally posted by Kamuela View Post
              Hey man, bike looks sick, where did you order the headlight from? Trying to do some work to my 99 Kat. I need a headlight!
              Wow, you didn't read the thread did you?
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi3432 View Post
                good luck on finishing your build. i hope to see the fully done product of your hard work
                Thanks buddy! Once I get the carb issue settled I'll get back on track with the streetfighter build and post more pics.

Originally posted by Kamuela View Post

Thanks, I ordered them online at http://www.flyncycle.com/. Be careful... some of the headlights they sell do not come with mounting hardware. Also, read Cintidude04's comment on the previous page; the headlights are not DOT approved. I had them shipped overnight and I think I paid $100.
                Last edited by gjstroud; 01-31-2012, 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Check to make sure the floats are set correctly in the carbs.

Also make sure your needles are in good condition and are sealing properly. When they are sealed you should not be able to blow into the fuel inlet with your mouth.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyZ View Post
                    Check to make sure the floats are set correctly in the carbs.

Also make sure your needles are in good condition and are sealing properly. When they are sealed you should not be able to blow into the fuel inlet with your mouth.

Good luck
                    Thanks buddy! I've been trying to get brave enough to get back to work on it. I finally pulled the carbs out tonight but then I heard my xbox calling my name from the living room.

I'll check the floats and make sure the needles are sealing properly. Great advice; I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                    X