X

Newbie in Cincy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Cincy!

Hello everyone. My name is Mannon. I joined up here because I now own a 1993 katana 600 that I purchased form my boss. It has 2396 miles and has been garage kept but its been sitting for years, doesn't run. So I'll read carbs 101 and go from there. I intend for it to be my street bike and make the R6 track only. So that sums me up easy, any questions just ask

Welcome from the better side of the river
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Welcome to KR. What area of Cincy?
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. You will miss the R6. Hi
        sigpic

RIP CP
        50th Anniv R6
        95 Katana 600
        http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Welcome Mannon, I too just bought a Bike that sat inna garage for ten years and am starting on it. A 92 Kat 750. I wonder how similar our puzzles will be.

Mine barely runs, cleaned the carbs and gotta new petcock cuz it wasnt much more than a rebuild kit, still runnin like crap, If a valve inspection and adjustment doesnt do it I'll get the carbs rebuilt.
          Have you done a compression test yet. My starter crapped just as I was gonna do mine.

Comment

Welcome.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Welcome from Texas!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                  2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Welcome to KR! When I got my 92 600F it had 3,900 miles and sat in a garage for 15 years before I got it. I was able to get it started but it wasn't running well. The carbs were rebuilt, the tank acid washed and lined and a new petcock. After all that, she ran like a new bike! I'm sure you'll probably have the same results.
                    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR!
                      "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to kr!
                        "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                        1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                        2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Welcome fellow Ohioian!!
                          Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Don't worry Salz, if I get my way, this season I'll get to do as many motoseries events as possible (12) so the R6 won't be too lonely.

So, I've almost got this thing on track I think. I like to think I'm a seasoned mechanic, its what pays the bills after all. I'm relatively young though, so this carburetor stuff is aggravating as hell to guy like me. I was just working on the carbs(again) and noticed an o-ring on one of the diaphragms that I hadn't seen before, the other 3 didn't even have said oring, ugh. I'm getting things close now thanks to this forum and the 'search' feature. Hope to be riding this thing soon.

Automerged double post, thats a pretty neat kick in the teeth feature.

Verified the oring thing on the diaphragm cap via a parts pdf.
                            Also noticed 3 unplugged vacuum ports. I'm going from memory ATM, but I think there are 4 ports, one is for a vacuum hose to the fuel petcock, its on #4. Why are the other 3 not used or at least plugged?
                            Last edited by Mannon; 01-23-2012, 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

welcome to KR good luck on getting her to run well

Comment

Working...
                              X