No announcement yet.
X

New guy to the site, from florida and my bike is a learning process..lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found a set of mirrors, going to order them, and hope for the best. lol oh' i dont have bar-ends on my bike, not sure if it ever did...or if my model/year is able to install them on it.....but i seen a set i liked, i wen to look on my bike....hole through grip is torn on the end, so i can see a lil, looks kinda dirty/rusty and seems flat with like just a lil nub poking out...no allen key or screw....or hole to screw anything in to....idk? got any ideas?

Comment

Looking at your pics, paint is very impressive. A lot of wet sanding? clear coat or single stage?

Comment

thanks....i use to work at sea ray boats, sprating gelcoat...so i have my own technique i guess....when i bought it it was repaired from being down(fairings) before...and painted....but when i removed the fairings to tune it up...i didnt like what i seen....so i repaired it my own way, using fiberglass 1/4 ounce matt/woven, bondo putty for marine use, and some wood trim for strength and support....scuffed up all the plastic with 180 grit sandpaper, then 320 grit, then 400 grit on the edges from the heavier grit. then sprayed the primer on....and sanded smooth... but i was in a financial jam shortly after i bought the bike, so i was cutting corners when i painted it...(i have two daughters, and pay $1122.48 a month in child support,..)....started with the plastic being stripped down, then used $12 cans of plastic primer (2),..then sanded smooth....so then i bought $36 pint of paint, $12 hardner/thinner, $30(about) can of clearcoat...and about 5 of the handheld disaposable aerosol sparayers (that come with the lil jar that they screw into wich holds the paint) .....walked into the middle of my back yard and sprayed away....let dry for about 4 hrs....then sprayed the clear...let sit for about 12 hrs, and sanded with 1200 wet/dry sandpaper by hand...buffed by hand....and was happy with the turn out...lol thinks that about it.....been a year, but im about to do it again( if you guys seen my post, my gf's brother let my bike tip over....now i need paint, lever, and fairing repair and paint.......maybe next week...idk will post pics while repairing,...

Comment

Welcome to KR
          wrecked em hell, damn near killed em.

Comment

ty =)

Comment

hey guys....my brake light keeps poppin the 2 way bulb..works with the brakes..but not with the lights...any ideas?

Comment

anyone?...seems like the two way part of the bulb that works in sink with my headlights pops, and just leaves me the "apply breaks" part of the bulb still working.....idk....but cops around my area arent nice...lol

Comment

Welcome to the site
                  The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                  http://myspace.com/solsticio
                  www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki32953 View Post
                    anyone?...seems like the two way part of the bulb that works in sink with my headlights pops, and just leaves me the "apply breaks" part of the bulb still working.....idk....but cops around my area arent nice...lol
                    OK, so you've got brake lights but no tail light, right? And it's fixed (in the short term, at least) by replacing the bulb. Can you see the filament burned through? If not then check the bulb socket for corrosion for starters. For tracing the wiring, both filaments share a common ground and the tail light power should be on a brown wire. Same wire runs the license plate light. Is that working? If it is and it's definitely the tail light bulb filament burning out then maybe you're getting cheap bulbs? Try going to a MC shop for the next bulb rather than Autozone.

Venturing into a lot of what-if's now but you've got a couple of things to look at and try. Take a look and see what there is to see. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how you're doing.
                    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

thank you.....ill check everything in the morning, and yes they are advanced auto parts bulbs...lol tag light works fine, never had to replace that....not yet atleast. and the bulb is definately blown on the second lead inside the bulb....third time this has happened...seems like it maybe lasts 1 and a half weeks...or atleast thats when i notice it being out...lol will post after i take a better look.....is there anything that can be installed to boost the electrical currt...i heard of the ignition advance...just curious

Comment

This isn't a problem with insufficient electrical current. Not if it's working for a while. The problem here is probably that the vibration is too much for the hot filament and it's breaking. Try a better quality bulb. Usually the ones from Autozone/Advance/wherever do fine but, as I had a parts guy at my favorite MC parts store (Mainline Cycles in North Little Rock, AR) explain, bikes vibrate more than cars so they tend to physically break the bulb filament (as opposed to burning them out). Bulbs specifically meant for bikes are built stronger.
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

ok...will picktry and one up from a shop in my area.....will look further into it in the morning, bulb,conection,wireing etc and post back up thanks

Comment

Welcome to KR, you Will get plenty of feed back here on your Bike/ ,enjoy the ride!

Comment

Working...
                            X