X

New guy to the site, from florida and my bike is a learning process..lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comfused lol

what are the epa plugs, what do they look like.......?

Comment

look at picture #12. The screwdriver is pointing to the AF screw. When the bike came from the factory this screw was covered with a brass plug with a hole in the center.

Idea was that the owner shouldn't mess with the air-fuel mixture. It came set from the factory and messing with it would make the bike run too hot (lean) or pollute (rich). Fine idea except that then they required the manufacturers to set it as lean as the engine could handle and then required fuel to be mixed with alcohol to further reduce emissions. Side effect was that our carburated bikes now run too lean unless you adjust the mixture. (By the time the EPA mandated the alcohol, most cars had fuel O2 sensors and would auto-adjust the mixture.) Cure is to drill a 1/8" hole in the plug (through the plug but not into the screw - there's a gap between the two so it's not that hard to avoid messing up the screw), screw in a sheet metal screw and pull the plug out by grabbing the screw with some pliers. Then you can get to the screw to adjust it.
      and screw in a
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Welcome!
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

crap!!!

was visiting with my gorgeous girlfriend,...was chillin outside and her brother was talking about getting a bike....so i let him sit on it and get a feel for it(weight,comfortable or not,etc.).....i was preoccupied when he got off the bike, and when i looked back, the kickstand wasnt all the way down...as it was in the processs of falling over..and...crash! scratched and scuffed all up on the right side fairing, broke mirror in pieces...and scraped the muffler a lil...and broke my right flush mounted led rear turn indicator in pieces too......got to get more paint,order mirror, and i already picked up a new clear set of rear turn signals(not as small or sleek as my previous set)..but it will work i guess...and time to prep and paint the fairing again...(both,while im at it).....but....bike ran like a beast before this happen..charging system worked fine, liked the fan and toggle set up i did...so i can use it or not use it as i desire.... i would like to get a nicer or cooler set of mirrors if anyone knows where to get a cheap set...lmk oh...and i need to do the breaks....hard?

Comment

Brakes are really easy. Just have your hand over the top of the calipers when you pull the first pin out the side. That way you can catch the anti-rattle spring when it goes flying. DAMHIKT

Oh, and change that fluid while you're at it! Nothing worse than still having crappy brakes with new pads. Especially when it doesn't add but a little time and $5 to have clean fluid.
            Last edited by Wild-Bill; 10-04-2010, 09:53 PM.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

got them...

havent got to the breaks yet,..already sanded to repaint the damage to my right side fairing, and i replaced the rear turn signal indicators already...not as nice as the set that were on it..if anyone knows where i could buy similuar ones to what was on it on my picks i posted...ill post pics of the ones i just installed later to get everyones opinion.....still need to replace mirror too....was going to go with stock replacement again...but anyone know where to buy a nicer or cooler set of mirrors for my particular bike? thanks do thay make aftermarket guages for my year as well?

Comment

here we go...

well...again, here are what my previous rear turn signals looked like(wich i cant find online anywhere)....which after my girlfriends brother accidently let my bike fall over...broke the right side. ( damaged right fairing and crushed and shattered mirror as well).....here are pics of my bike with the original set i had that broke. and me holding the other in my hand, for a closer look...
                Attached Files

Comment

now these...

was limited on funds at time, and needed a set kinda quick..didnt want to ride in my area without the blinker, especially at night... ..they are ok, not as flush as i would like...just trying to get your opinion i guess....i seen a set on some ebay store i might go with eventually....i liked them a bit more...thanks on the opinions =)
                  Attached Files

Comment

why i need mirror's..

anyone know where to get a nice cheapset of mirrors? factory or aftermarket? most of the ones ive seen, are for later year model katana's....any idea's...this is why...my right one i had to ghetto-fab lol (sry, two are wrong pics)
                    Attached Files

Comment

anyone? lol

Comment

I got my mirrors from Dennis Kirk. About $20 each IIRC. As for turn signals, just keep looking until you find something you like.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

dennis kirk?

Comment

Hit www dot denniskirk dot com

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Go to Cycle Gear on 192 in West Melbourne and just pick up a set of bar end mirrors.
                              "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

bar end mirrors? mmm assuming that the clip or clamp on the the handle bars? (i.e. where switches and etc are? ....what do i do about the section or empty space left where the existing or factory mirrors go? looks kinda strange without something there, i did see chrome lil block offs to put there, but they were pricey and not sure if i wanted to go that route.....found a place in cocoa that can order an oem replacement, think bikemaster is the maker of them...bout 18 bucks......if i wanted to try an get a nicer or aftermarket set to try...i looked on ebay, but not sure what or which ones will fit my 91? thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                X