Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ok...so here are some pics...am I offical yet? :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok...so here are some pics...am I offical yet? :)

Seems to me that folks around here like pictures....so I thought I would snap a few of my work in progress. I know, owned it less than 24 hrs and already taking something apart. Guess I've been that way since I was a child....but in this case, it was a necessary.

Better start with the back-story first. A month or so ago I was driving along a small country road and passed an intersection where a woman was trying to pickup a dumped over motorcycle. I found a place to turn around and went back. By that time another man had stopped than they were pushing the bike to the side of the road. I stopped and assisted and learned her bf had spunout in some gravel and dumped it over. He was scared (been drinking) and was in her car. I stayed with the bike while she took him 2 miles homes got him comfortable and brought back him pickup. It had a busted crank case cover so it could not be started or driven, but not much additional damage We got the bike loaded into the pickup and I followed her to her house and helped unload it in the driveway. I gave her a business card and told her if he wanted to sell it, let me know. She assured me he WOULD be selling it.

Now fast forward to this week. I recieved a call, and he has several pins and a plate in his ankle and wanted/needed to sell the bike AS/IS ASAP. I went down with cash and a trailer yesterday and purchased it. Next trip was to the local dealer and ordered the parts shipped over-night.

So, I am now the proud owner of a '02 Katana 750 purchased from the original owner with 3054 miles on it and never heard it run

Now for some pics:

I figure while it is apart would be a good time to give it a good cleaning and polish all the plastic farings etc.

So,....any advice on my latest project?

AL_Jazz

Is it pink or are you having camera issues ????

They always say a good deed comes back to haunt you !!!
    Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

I have no advice, but I applaud your actions. You wound up with a bike that you will fix and improve, and you may have saved a life. Good on you!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Good job...is it pink?

Comment

LMAO.... No, it is not pink... It is the metalic red, but I shot those with my PDA in my garage under a skylight...so the lighting was off with a poor camera. I will post some really good ones taken with a great camera...once my gf finds what she did with it...

Comment

congrats on your new ride.

Low mileage, so the first thing I'd check the tires and the manufacture date on them. With on 3500 on the bike they could be the OEM tires so they could be over 8 years old. If that's the case get new rubber ASAP!!!!.

Other than that I'd change the brake fluid, maybe the fork oil too if you have the tools and know how(download the service manual). Give the calipers a cleaning, check the fork seals for leaks.
            Kyle

Comment

Kyle,

Thanks for the advice and they are the original tires. I will get the fluids changed and seals looked at. Any fluid type recommended for these Kats?

Comment

official
                "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

....ok...well I have done it now! Owned this poor helpless bike less than 24 hrs and already attacking it with a sawsall...poor bike. Why, one would ask? I am removing some engineers brain fart (da shovel) from the rear end of this otherwise beautiful bike.

...and for those of you that have the impression I have totally lost my mind, I am using a precision cut-off wheel, not my sawsall. Although, I am wondering since I have every painted surface of this Kat removed (look ma my kitty is naked ) should I repaint it, and if so, what color...hmmm...

Comment

Looks like a great project bike. And welcome to KR.

Thank god it's not pink!
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                    Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                    R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                    1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                    RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                    3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                    Black painted seat and rear trim,
                    Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

If its not covered in scratches and doesn't need paint...and youre going to paint it anyway...I'll trade you fairings

Comment

"Look ma...I haz a bob-tail Kitty now!"

Comment

Welcome!
                          Tejasandre

Comment

Originally posted by AL_Jazz View Post
                            "Look ma...I haz a bob-tail Kitty now!"

What colour is that??????
                            Welcome to the KR family!
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Poor camera on my PDA + poor skylight lighting = a pink bike that is actually Metalic Red

Comment

Working...
                              X