X

female rider restoring 93 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crusorider View Post
    I mean to say that I can appreciate that yall have worked hard to create this community. If you feel a liar has infiltrated, I don't want to be seen in that way and I don't want to cause the disruption. Moving on

And the story of the katana . . .
    I moved to the mountains and NEEDED a bike of my own. I found an ad in the paper for a $600 motorcycle and it happened to be a Katana. When I got to the guy's house he'd drained the carbs so I didn't even know if it would fire. But I'd already rented the uhaul to take it home, so I did.
    Since then I've considered a range of fates for the bike. Parting it, minimally fixing it and selling it, selling it as is . . . But during my consideration period I was riding the bike. And now I can't part with it. So, now I will try to restore and ride on.

I am undertaking some cleaning and painting tomorrow. Swing arm, some frame, maybe the spring? I'll post the pics when it looks better.
    Jeez...if I read you right you've already had it running and have ridden it..that's half the battle.

Comment

welcome to KR , your newest addiction. and i'm sure your in good hands and have the right mentality for your project .
      If ya need help finding anything feel free to shoot me a pm.. i'd be glad to help !

Comment

Good luck, we got your back if you need help.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
          History has proven that the females get more posts in their introduction threads than the guys do. I think its just to encourage the minority to "come on in, glad to have you". Kinda like encouraging a fat kid to play basketball with the rest...... um that didn't come out right. LOL For me, it's not about the male or female thing, it's more about a noob to the world of wrenching that I like to reply with advice and experiences.

ya....I guess one could look at it that way.

another way is to say that there is just a whole lot of hormones involved.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
            ya....I guess one could look at it that way.

another way is to say that there is just a whole lot of hormones involved.

I expect that if some guy joins the "www.AllThingsTwilight.com" or www.TwilightPlanet.com" forums he'd be welcomed by all the hormonally-charged ladies with open arms with an intro thread 60+ posts and counting.

(OK... maybe not. Bad analogy.)

The point remains, though. We men get nagged, cajoled, guilted, sniped at and frowned upon by so many of our better halves that it's positively refreshing to see a member of the opposite sex join in our addiction. It's really cool when you find one that's as addicted as we are. It's rare. So, yeah, we may go out of our way to make a lady feel welcome. It's natural.

And yeah, for those unattached folks... Hormones.
            sigpic

Comment

Tom you're always spearheading the leg humping! I swear!

Teh womenz...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                Tom you're always spearheading the leg humping! I swear! ...

To the O.P.: Sorry about the jack.
                Back to our scheduled postings.
                sigpic

Comment

Yup...... leave it to Tom....geez
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                    The point remains, though. We men get nagged, cajoled, guilted, sniped at and frowned upon by so many of our better halves that it's positively refreshing to see a member of the opposite sex join in our addiction. It's really cool when you find one that's as addicted as we are. It's rare. So, yeah, we may go out of our way to make a lady feel welcome. It's natural.

And yeah, for those unattached folks... Hormones.
                    ya...my mistake. I tend to forget about the "married man" and his reasoning

myself.....pretty much all the females I know/date/commit to, are into bikes to a degree, and many have their own. my current gf rides a 500 ninja. in fact, out of the 30 or so riding friends I have accumulated, over half are female.

so I don't even notice the difference in the male-female thing.....until someone who does notice it, reminds me....like in this thread.
                    until I get to know them better, if I get to know them better, it's just some new person with a bike.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Welcome to KR from Hickory, NC

Comment

Almost done!

Still have quite a few wiring issues to sort out (not exactly clean yet!), but the bike is finally rideable just in time for some nice weather. Thanks to everyone for your help and input. Let me know what you think.
                        Attached Files

Comment

never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by crusorider View Post
                            Still have quite a few wiring issues to sort out (not exactly clean yet!), but the bike is finally rideable just in time for some nice weather. Thanks to everyone for your help and input. Let me know what you think.

Wow!... That is a nice looking bike... very good job!

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Wow, that does look good. You wanna come work on mine next.

Comment

Thanks guys, its been quite a process. All I really wanted to do was change the rear sprocket. Ha.....Krey, you move to Weaverville?

Comment

Working...
                                X