• Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome

Comment

Welcome to the community!!
      I invite you to church.

Comment

Perhaps some of my Kat brothers will see where I'm coming from. It's just that Im curious. Are we so shallow that we'd bend over backwards and go apesh*t over some female that logs on here asking for help....or someone pretending to be a female.... rather than a guy? Something just doesn't seem right to me..... and I'm not buying into it.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
          Perhaps some of my Kat brothers will see where I'm coming from. It's just that Im curious. Are we so shallow that we'd bend over backwards and go apesh*t over some female that logs on here asking for help....or someone pretending to be a female.... rather than a guy? Something just doesn't seem right to me..... and I'm not buying into it.

Yes, most adult men would. It's not shallow. It's rare to have a female express interest in owning and working on their own ride. The response is to foster that interest.

For me, it's the fact it's another local rider.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Krey....pm sent....maybe
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

KR is generally fairly mild on women, and very supportive. I've seen other boards that aren't so much.

So far as I'm concerned, if someone needs help.... I'll help.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

My response, or time to post one, had nothing to do ON MY PART with the poster being female. But I think the reason I answered like I did, was because of the tone of her post...and it was probably posted like it was because she's a female (lack of testosterone maybe?)

If SHE had been a GUY, in the same situation her post would have read:

I bought this Katana. I'm fixing it up.

What's the biggest size tire I Can fit?
                Can you swap in a GSXR 1000 engine?
                Will it wheelie?
                It won't start..what do I do now?

She's done enough research to ask some fairly pointed questions.

She ADMITS her lack of experience working on bikes, but WANTS to work on it.

But I'm not posting anything else until she either:

A. post pics of herself
                B. post pics of friends
                C. promises she won't add fur to the bike

Comment

welcome to KR..."the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask". the people on this forum have been open minded with newbies of all types since before i joined. this is a great group.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I am not posting anything except information about my bike. If you don't believe something I have to say, please accept my apologies for "invading" your message board turf. I don't know how administrators deal with this type of accusation, but I am happy to shrug and get back to business.

To those of you who have been so warm and welcoming, I am still appreciative and will continue to foster those connections as the project continues.

Comment

Originally posted by crusorider View Post
                      I am not posting anything except information about my bike. If you don't believe something I have to say, please accept my apologies for "invading" your message board turf. I don't know how administrators deal with this type of accusation, but I am happy to shrug and get back to business.
                      meh, take it with a grain of salt.
                      i've been accused of having a penis myself.

so what made you pick up this wee little gem??
                      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by crusorider View Post

To those of you who have been so warm and welcoming, I am still appreciative and will continue to foster those connections as the project continues.
                        Try not to take it the wrong way... no one's marking
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                          meh, take it with a grain of salt.
                          i've been accused of having a penis myself.

so what made you pick up this wee little gem??
                          No one accuses you have having a penis because they think you DO... they accuse you in hopes that you will PROVE to them you dont.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I mean to say that I can appreciate that yall have worked hard to create this community. If you feel a liar has infiltrated, I don't want to be seen in that way and I don't want to cause the disruption. Moving on

And the story of the katana . . .
                            I moved to the mountains and NEEDED a bike of my own. I found an ad in the paper for a $600 motorcycle and it happened to be a Katana. When I got to the guy's house he'd drained the carbs so I didn't even know if it would fire. But I'd already rented the uhaul to take it home, so I did.
                            Since then I've considered a range of fates for the bike. Parting it, minimally fixing it and selling it, selling it as is . . . But during my consideration period I was riding the bike. And now I can't part with it. So, now I will try to restore and ride on.

I am undertaking some cleaning and painting tomorrow. Swing arm, some frame, maybe the spring? I'll post the pics when it looks better.

Comment

Chill out. I'm just sayin' what I'm sayin' and I am more than happy to help out a fellow rider.....male or female..... it just pizzes me off to think someone would lie to get the attention they think they deserve by pretending to be something they're not. It's not what KR is all about. If I'm wrong, I apologize..... I truly do. Chaulk me up as one of the dysfunctional members of the KR family.
                              Other than that....with only 13k on the bike I'd do an oil change, new plugs, a synch, clean and lube the chain, and check the tires for wear....better yet...new ones.
                              Peace
                              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

History has proven that the females get more posts in their introduction threads than the guys do. I think its just to encourage the minority to "come on in, glad to have you". Kinda like encouraging a fat kid to play basketball with the rest...... um that didn't come out right. LOL For me, it's not about the male or female thing, it's more about a noob to the world of wrenching that I like to reply with advice and experiences.

it just pizzes me off to think someone would lie to get the attention they think they deserve by pretending to be something they're not. It's not what KR is all about.
                                I totally agree with ya on this, but I have no reason to doubt her.
                                Last edited by Astro4x4; 02-03-2010, 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                                2000 Katana 600
                                2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Working...
                                X