X
X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I check into the forum every once in a while, as I have an R6 and am on the r6-forum. But i love the people on this one and I feel more at home. Its like a small-town feel here compared to a hugely popular R6-forum.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
    Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
    My prayers go out to his family & friends.
    He is the best there was and ever been.
    RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

• Since I got my m109r I haven't been on here much. Just saw in someone's sig,"RIP cyber poet" and shock set in. Searched for his name and found this post. Holy ****! All of us at one time or another have had contact with Marc, either through PM's, buying parts, or being lucky enough to have met him personally. Mine was mainly through PM's and was going to look him up next time I went to Florida to my mom's winter place just outside Tampa. So sorry I did not make it down there before this happened.
      Prayers and thoughts go out to all who knew him. He was one of a kind and will be deeply missed!

Comment

• Cyber

Well, it's been a while since I have been here. I joined years ago before KatRiders when (anyone remember this) it was KatanaPlanet and then migrated over with folks. Even back then Cyber was the go-to guy for answers. Before I signed on today after a long absence I was wondering who of the old crew was still here, thinking for sure Cyber would be here, only to see the sad news right away.

A lot has already been said about Cyber, and I will only say that Cyber earned my respect, and will be missed.

RIP Cyber. Ride on.
        Chris

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.
        Ralph W. Sockman

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security" -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Never met Marc, but he was always so helpful on the forum and the chat, his experience helped me invaluably with my Kat upgrade and now I'll never be able to thank him properly.
          My heart goes out to his family and GF, may they find solace in their time of grief.
          -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

• Rip cp

I didn't know you but my prayers are with you as I ride.
            -c

Comment

• OMG, I'm really sorry to hear about Marc. He will be missed! RIP How could I have missed this in the past... Kinda ashamed of myself.
              Last edited by BareKat; 05-15-2010, 07:52 PM.
              2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
              2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
              1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
              1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
              1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

• I am in total shock right now and am deeply saddened by this . It is awful how feelings know no bounds of time. I feel horrible, just sick inside for having been away from KR for so long and having missed being able to express my condolences at a time when it mattered. However, I will write them now anyway as I feel that I owe it to Marc to do so. Rest in peace my friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones. My pegs will be down for some time.

Comment

• You all might like to know that I finally finished school. I graduated last Saturday with my Master of Architecture. YEAH!!! I am so glad to be done.

Now I am started to get better acquainted with the motorcycleanchor business. I have continued to sell the tire valves and am about to order more.

I need to figure out how much Marc was selling the other stuff for. The oil filters, spark plugs, tool kits, piston sets, chain lube, air filters, etc.

If anyone knows this info, please let me know.

Also, I need to get with Steve to find out how to reopen the Katriders store.
                  -Paula

Originally posted by the wind View Post
                  my understanding the cause was from riding a motorcycle....Siren when you get the site running you might have to quit your day job.

Comment

• Originally posted by siren451 View Post
                    You all might like to know that I finally finished school. I graduated last Saturday with my Master of Architecture. YEAH!!! I am so glad to be done.

Now I am started to get better acquainted with the motorcycleanchor business. I have continued to sell the tire valves and am about to order more.

I need to figure out how much Marc was selling the other stuff for. The oil filters, spark plugs, tool kits, piston sets, chain lube, air filters, etc.

If anyone knows this info, please let me know.

Also, I need to get with Steve to find out how to reopen the Katriders store.
                    -Paula

Congrats Paula!!
                    If you need any help out this way just let me know.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Congratulations Paula. Make everyday count
                      ~ Don't let the ego ride your bike; keep the shiny side up ~

Comment

• This is my first post. I joined yesterday and I have read multiple threads by cyber poet and learned a lot. I didnt have the chance to get to know him obviously. but through his posts I get a feeling of what kind of guy he was. Ive learned a lot in just one day thanks to him. RIP.
                        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

• Wow! Just in shock !

I have been away for a while..and I am just shocked and greatly saddened to hear this news. Marc you will be greatly missed. I have never met Marc in person, but by reading his posts any one can tell in a minute what a great and caring guy he was, and was always there to help anyone, whether it was bike related or not. He not only had great wisdom, but he always extended his hand to help , and was so professional and curteous about it, and you knew he had a smile on his face while doing it. My condolences to Marcs' Family, Girlfriend, and all his Friends, and he will NEVER be forgotten!
                          RIP Marc Shawn Glasgow
                          (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

• heres a beer for you bud, RIP

Originally posted by Slofuze:
                            Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

• Just to let you know we are all here still thinking of you CP (Marc). I am sure you know, you are spoken about on the forum here atleast once a day (sure much more). You impacted many of our lives, and your soul will ride on with us ALL!!!
                              R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

Comment

• I have a couple cd's he made for me . They're on my mp3 player now . So yeah , I think about him often . He had an odd taste in music .....
                                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                                X