X
X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible shocked to read this tread - I've been away for a good while, and came back to this - CP will live on through the knowledge and advice he has given the community. One never "expect" the experienced riders to have accidents, but this is a grim reminder of how vulnerable/invisible we are without the protecting cage.

Comment

• wow,
      I can't believe it. I was away from KR for a while and it is sooo sad to hear he is gone. Interestingly enough I found an old email from him today which is what made me log on to KR just now. Marc was a class act. He will live on.
      RIP Cyberpoet
      The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

• Just a note to say that I am in the process of taking over Marc's (thecyberpoet's) business. So Motorcycleanchor.com will live on for as long as I can maintain it. I will no doubt need some help figuring out the motorcycle stuff since I am in no way as knowledgeable about them as Marc was. Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer questions as he did, but I will do my best, maintain the websites and continue to sell parts and accessories. It will takes some time to get everything back up and running... get everything into my name, have to take inventory of what is here, find out who he vendors where and contact them, figure out how to manage the websites, and figure out how much he sold stuff for... So check back in a bit.

Comment

• That's awesome! I'm sure Marc would be happy to know! Let us all know how we can help!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

• This is totally awesome. I only did business with Marc once, but I'd be very pleased to continue getting maintenance items through you. I will indeed check back.

Unfortunately, I don't have the experience to offer specific help with websites or motorcycle knowledge, but I'm fairly good at finding answers when nudged, so the offer is there anyway. I'm sure many people here on KR will be willing to help.

Cheers!

Comment

• The outpouring of support and emotion for Cyber Poet is truly astounding. I have come across so many of his posts and advice on here, and it will never be the same here without him. I pray the Holidays were bearable for his family and my best to them all...
              In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

• Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, they kingdom come thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us a trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, Forever and ever. Amen

althought i never meet CP, a fellow riders is a fellow rider. pegs down

Comment

• Thats good! I hope the transition goes smoothly Siren
                  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He was so full of knowlege it's astounding
                  Reading the news, my heart was pounding.
                  My prayers go out to his family & friends.
                  He is the best there was and ever been.
                  RIP Marc "Cyberpoet" Glasgow

Comment

• was an "official" cause ever determined?
                    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
                    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
                    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
                    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

• Originally posted by delkampg View Post
                      was an "official" cause ever determined?
                      my understanding the cause was from riding a motorcycle....Siren when you get the site running you might have to quit your day job.

Comment

• Originally posted by siren451 View Post
                        Just a note to say that I am in the process of taking over Marc's (thecyberpoet's) business. So Motorcycleanchor.com will live on for as long as I can maintain it. I will no doubt need some help figuring out the motorcycle stuff since I am in no way as knowledgeable about them as Marc was. Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer questions as he did, but I will do my best, maintain the websites and continue to sell parts and accessories. It will takes some time to get everything back up and running... get everything into my name, have to take inventory of what is here, find out who he vendors where and contact them, figure out how to manage the websites, and figure out how much he sold stuff for... So check back in a bit.

Sounds good! I need a timing advancer for my B12! You can probaly stay in business just from the people on this site. Id much rather send my money to someone like you than a big corporation.
                        Originally posted by arsenic
                        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

• I haven't been around for a long while, but logged in tonight to start researching all the parts I need to get my Kat up and running for the upcoming season.

I'm shocked and carry a very heavy heart to hear of this news. I'm feeling quite guilty that I'm finding out 4+ months after the fact. I'm a fairly new member of the community, but asked for advice from and did business with Marc on a number of occasions. He was a great guy. Fair and honest.

It's discouraging to think that one of the most knowledgeable guys around when it came to safety and thinking things through passed in this way. I offer my condolences to his family, girlfriend and the entire KR community. Unbelievable.
                          Power is nothing without control.

Comment

• just came back to revive an older thread. Still thinking about you Marc, RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by siren451 View Post
                              Just a note to say that I am in the process of taking over Marc's (thecyberpoet's) business. So Motorcycleanchor.com will live on for as long as I can maintain it. I will no doubt need some help figuring out the motorcycle stuff since I am in no way as knowledgeable about them as Marc was. Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer questions as he did, but I will do my best, maintain the websites and continue to sell parts and accessories. It will takes some time to get everything back up and running... get everything into my name, have to take inventory of what is here, find out who he vendors where and contact them, figure out how to manage the websites, and figure out how much he sold stuff for... So check back in a bit.
                              Glad to hear this. If you need help just shoot me a PM or an email and I will be glad to help you out.
                              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

• very sad indeed. My respects and condolences to his friends and family. truely a sad day for our riding community
                                J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

Working...
                                X