X
X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyberpoet RIP - I only just learned of this and am heartbroken. Thank you for being there for me - even when you were just getting back from a trip overseas and were most likely jetlagged, you helped me out. I can honestly say this is the first time I have considered giving up my bike - I have a very heavy heart right now. My best wishes to your family and friends. I met you on katanaplanet and I am grateful to God our paths crossed. I am saddened more so, because I know you rode with a good head on your shoulders and were one of the best defensive riders I know. Rest well my friend, rest well - I will miss you.
    ~ Don't let the ego ride your bike; keep the shiny side up ~

Comment

• wow... thats all i can say... wow... i'm at a loss. marc was truly one of the nicest, most respectful, and friendly guys i ever had the pleasure of meeting... this has to be the worst news i have ever heard on KR... not only was he one of the guys that held this place together, but he was also such a great guy!! just trying to think of the words right now, and i'm at a total loss

pegs down for sure... i will ride with them down for a while. what a loss..

marc... may you enjoy those pearly gates, ride through them with a big smile on your face, for you are among other angels. MY DEEPEST condolences and respect go out to his family... and they should know if they ever need anything, there are thousands of us on KR who would drop everything to help!

RIP BROTHER

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
      "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

• Paula, thank you for sharing this especially at this very difficult time for you - I want to share something that will only make sense to CPs friends and family - It's almost 4am and am at home right now; I just learned of CPs passing and I am as sad as can be; I have cried for a fellow rider that I 'met' on kp - my friends will not understand that even though we only interacted online, CP profoundly impacted my life and the loss I feel is real. Even though my loss pales in comparison to what Paula feels, I want you Paula to know that CP touched my life and I am so grateful that you have allowed me to participate in his imorial. Thank you.

When I ask why it had to be CP, I am reminded of something my mum told me 30 years ago when I lost my grandpa. She said, "Grandpa was a wonderful man and God also wants the wonderful people by his side, so God called him to heaven" I will miss CP and I thank you Paula for helping me mourn his loss by sharing this.

How CP found the time to be a great fiancee, run a successful business and help as many people as he did, I will never know; what I know is that next time I think I am too busy too help someone, I pray that God reminds me of CP and convicts me to step up. That's how I want to honor CP's memory, so help me God!

QUOTE=siren451;1832190]To All,

You have been invited to view Marc Glasgow's memorial website at: www.imorial.com/marcsaglasgow/

I would ask anyone who spoke at the memorial to add your speeches as tributes either under comments or memories.

Anyone interested in adding your own pictures, videos, stories and comments, please used my Login and Password below, otherwise you will only be able to view the page.

This page will be continuously updated, so check back often.

Go to www.imorial.com/marcsaglasgow/
        Click on SIGN IN at the upper right corner of the screen and enter the login info below.

Login Email: [email protected]
        Password: cyberpoet

Thanks,
        Paula Selvidge[/QUOTE]
        Last edited by africanrider; 11-24-2009, 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        ~ Don't let the ego ride your bike; keep the shiny side up ~

Comment

• I am a very infrequent visitor to this forum and have only just learnt of CyberPoet's passing.I wish to express my sympathy to his family and friends at this time.I had very little contact with him but I have to say I was struck by not only his knowlege but also by his willingness to help others."Go raibh Deise a annim" as we say in Irish.
          You'd Love It

Comment

• Cyberpoet, maybe your still reading some of these threads from the big internet in the sky? If so, just wanted to say you were one of the first persons to ever chat with me on this site before I bought my Katana so I feel some kind of connection with you. Anyway, keep a eye on us down here on Katriders or better yet chime my Gremlin Bell every now and then.
            Last edited by katanarider; 11-27-2009, 01:52 AM.
            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

• One less brother in the wind, a sad event for all - CP your wit and input will be missed

Doc
              Its not the speed of life that kills you - It's that sudden stop at the end

Comment

• omg.... I have been away from KR for many months, busy with other things, and I just came across this... I am so, so, so sad to read this. I purchased a few things from Marc, but more importantly, I read SO much of the wisdom he contributed here to KR... I feel completely blown away and empty, as if I've lost a good friend - even though I never had the chance to get to know him personally. He is definitely one of the most intelligent, caring, and informative people I've ever had the privelige of interacting with on ANY internet forum.

The only thing I can take comfort in is that KR is still alive and well. Cyber Poet was such a HUGE part of this family, but I'm glad all of you are still here. My heart goes out to all those who knew and loved him. RIP Marc.

I will definitely ride with my pegs down today for you...
                Last edited by BelvedereAndTonic; 12-02-2009, 08:58 PM.
                Cheers!

Comment

• Holy smokes! I've been a member for quite a while now, just haven't logged in much lately since I've moved onto an F4i and got crazy busy this summer, hardly having time to ride. CP was undeniably one of the central pillars of the Kat community who gave and gave. A great and unimaginable loss indeed.

Marc was always very willing to help, patient, and a wealth of knowledge. There were multiple times my bacon was saved due to his patience and willingness to help. Especially the dreaded first valve adjustment! Without his cool advice in the many threads about the procedure, I would have never attempted it myself.

My (somewhat belated) thoughts and prayers go out to Marc and those he left behind. Godspeed, friend I sadly never met.
                  - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
                  2005 F4i -

Comment

• What a thred

You know I first looked at this thred when I joined and it had maybe 5 pages. I am glad that when i get on it now there is 57. I hope his girlfriend and his family keep everything he posted up. I feel like he is talking to me through his past post's. This dude rock's and is still helping us noobs out. Thanks dude. Know your wisdom still touches people. RIP dude
                    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hange on" Franklin D. Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• ive actually read through some of his posts not even knowing that hes not with us anymore till i stumbled upon this thread. wow smart guy and very giving of his time. god had bigger pans for him i guess. hes in a better place right now cause this world is going to craps real quick on us. right now hes fixing and riding all the kats up there in the clouds. rip and thanks for your knowledge.
                      sigpic
                      if you can read this then your in range.
                      1 shot 1 kill

Comment

• Rest in peace Cyber Poet. Your spirit shall live on through your knowledge on katriders.

Comment

• Rest in peace Cyber. Keep on ridding the clouds....
                          Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                          I am fond of my rough edges.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Wow,I've been away from the site awhile now as i have a diffirent style bike,But i've returned recently because i may be getting another katana,and i came across this thread,as a fellow florida rider,I'm sorry to hear of cyberpoet's passing,The sportbike world and motorcycleing in general has lost a true champion of the sport,May he rest in peace,And i send prayers for him and his family.
                            97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

• have not visited for awhile and the first thread i hit tells me the tragic news
                              very, very sad
                              pegs down
                              peace marc
                              You're Welcome,
                              - The Social Invalid

Comment

• R.I.P. Thanks for the knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X