X
X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What horrible news, I didn't know him very well but it still comes as a shock anytime a fellow rider meets this fate. Unbelievable. My deepest sympathies to all of CP's family and friends on KR. Rest In Peace.
    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

• I can't believe this is real. It's almost too much to take in. Everyone else that knew him from Katana Planet have stated everything I've thought or known about him. He will be missed greatly around here.

Best wishes to his family.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

• Rip cp...

I didn't know CP other than talking to him and hearing about him from the rest of you, but I know that he will definitely be missed. Our love goes out to family and friends of CP...I know that I will be burning a candle tonight for our fallen biker "brother".
        SKG

Comment

• I haven't posted here in a long long time, but need to give my condolences to friends and family. Marc was a wealth of knowledge and helped me via this forum and PMs on issues I had with my Kat.

RIP Marc. Pegs down for you.

Long Live the D

Comment

• Wow...when I saw this thread I had the same kinda feeling I get whenever I hear a celebrity die unexpectedly, total disbelief. Cyber was a katriders celebrity and his fame will live on forever in this forum and beyond. I exchanged many PMs with him and bought a few parts off him over my 4+ years on the board.

Sadly, no one close to me outside of katriders will understand the emotions I will go through in losing a fallen board member because it's just an internet community. To them its just another motorcycle accident, but this one hits close. We should all ride with pegs down to comemorate such a valued katrider.

RIP Cyber!
            1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

• He will be sorely missed. He was a very good source of information here in the forum.
              I did not know him but did spend a good amount of time reading his posts here and on the anchor page.
              My condolences and best wishes to his friends and family.......

Comment

• Rip cp

i'm a newbie to KR.never knew CP but the news of his passing is a shock!condolences to those he left behind.i'll miss his posts.RIP CP.
                no good deed goes unpunished!

Comment

• RIP CP! he was one of the best here, always helpful and always responded to any quetions i had quickly, he will surely be missed, the forum helps to retain all the knowledge he left for us....

Comment

• Oh my God man I can't believe it! He was a great guy and was so helpful on here, numerous times he's given me tons of great info.
                    RIP Cyberpoet you will be missed
                    1999 Katana 750

Comment

• wow... i'm still in disbelief over this. i keep refreshing the home page hoping that this thread will be gone and i will instead see another post by CP. all day long i've been bummed out, and just wishing things could go back to the way they were.

Originally posted by crazyaussie View Post

Sadly, no one close to me outside of katriders will understand the emotions I will go through in losing a fallen board member because it's just an internet community. To them its just another motorcycle accident, but this one hits close. We should all ride with pegs down to comemorate such a valued katrider.
                      i know how you feel. i'm sure a couple of my close friends would somewhat understand and give the obligatory "oh that sucks, i'm sorry" but they wouldn't truly understand how i feel. everyone else again will just think of it as another accident and question why i feel the way i do. i was hoping that someday soon i would have the privilege of meeting CP, but sadly that can no longer happen. such a terrible and tragic loss. he truly was a one of a kind person, you could tell that just from his posts here on KR alone. i can't even imagine what it must've been like to be around him in person. everyone here can say they learned something from him, and i feel honored to say that. i'll be riding with my pegs down for awhile.
                      2004 Katana
                      GO OWLS!!!

Comment

• It's about 12 hours or so since i got a call about Marc, i am still in shock, and can't quite grasp the fact he is gone. From all the posts today, it is quite a tribute to him. He will be missed by more people than we will ever know.
                        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

• RIP Marc, this is very tragic news.
                          -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

• After reading the sad news early this morning, I thought about CP for much of the day. I cannot add to what forum members have already said about Marc, except to say that I will miss his wisdom and eloquence.

Comment

• Man this really sux. I have ordered some things from him recently, and the last a corbin seat, he called me up on the phone and we talked about other things and had a couple of laughs. When i had mechanical type questions i would pm him and he would give me the low down on whatneeded to be done.. We all are gonna miss him greatly. Godspeed to him
                              99 Ford F150 4x4
                              04 Mustang GT
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              06 GSX600F
                              sigpic

Comment

• Rip cp

I have strayed a bit from KatRiders as I've sold my Kat750 and went a different route. But I came across this news in my local sport bike forum... in eastern Canada. Very sad news. I will always remember Marc as a very enthusiastic person willing to help anyone when he could.
                                He quickly replied and helped me on a couple occassions with little servicing questions I had PM'd him on.
                                His words went a long way in my book, this is very sad news to hear for the motorcycle community
                                Just yesterday afternoon, a friend of mine stopped by the house with his new to him 01' Katana 750 to show er' off. I specifically mentioned to him to check Katriders.com for CyberPoet's sticky's and informational posts.
                                This wrenches my gut. Thanks for everything you've provided to others through the forum.
                                My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and others whose lives he's touched.
                                Rest in Peace Marc.
                                I'm not going bald, I'm getting head.

Comment

Working...
                                X