No announcement yet.
X

Newbie from Florida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go blue, just kidding, Welcome to KR, you will definitely fit in here. Now Duff Daddy isn't the youngest by age

The Katana is a wise choice from a 250, go 600 if I may suggest. IMHO and I will get arguements for this, the 98+ 750 is just a pig stock.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

welcome!
      West of Germany
      greetz Carsten

Comment

Welcome!! I am also from Florida. Grew up just North of Ocala. Hit me up on PM.
        Why bother doing anything if you cannot
        "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

Re: Newbie from Florida

Originally posted by suzukiejunkie
          Hey before you kick me out because i ride a ninja, hear me out 8)
          Im 16 years old and currently have about 6000 miles on my ninja250. ive been riding for about 7 months and the 250 is my first bike. I took the msf and got my license a few months prior to purhcasing my bike. The reason im on this site is because im looking to upgrade and ive reasearched my options over and over and ive stumbled on the katana once again. I ride to school and work every day with my g/f on the back, let me tell you its the biggest pain in the ass. Since i got into bikes at around age 15 ive loved the sound and style of sport bikes. So natuarly being young i didnt know much and started looking at "nice" bikes until i relized what it takes to drive a sport bike, which is why i started on a 250. Now i feel i am ready to step up to, what ive hear to be, a great everyday commuter, and because its a 4 cylinder engine...which you cant be sound wise. anyways enough talk this weekend i plan on heading to my local suzuki dealership and see what kind of deal i could get on possibly an 04 yellow kat. Hope to get plenty of help from you all in the future
          Seriously, that was one of the most wisest posts I've read in a welcome thread. Looks like you're on a good track.....hopefully it has a lot of turns. 8)

Comment

Welcome!!! Another youngin!

Definately go yellow.
            You sound very mature for your age, you'll do well around here with all the other mature boys
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Welcome to KR. Just a question, you didn't mention riding gear. I so hope you've got good helmets & clothing for you & the gf. They are as important as the bike. Just a thought, if your budget will allow keep the 250 & teach your young lady how to ride. You'll not regret the KAt over the sportbikes. Better ride position, comfort & they just look better. Enjoy the site & remember WE LIKE PICS!

Comment

especially pics of the GF

Just Kidding!!
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Wow, 16, responsible, sensible and very well mannered. Any chance I can send my 17yo daughter over there so she can learn something??? J/k but what a great post!!! 600 Kat is great for what you are looking for. 750 has a few more ponies on tap but you really won't be needing them for your style of riding. Then again, I am partial to 750's sooooo. Go ahead and get yellow (they're purdy!!)
                  sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                  MSF Rider Coach 27028
                  MoPowerSports.com
                  Torco
                  SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I will have to agree with everyone here. Glad you found Katriders, and I think the Katana will be a great bike for what you are looking for. Glad to have riders like you learning the ropes and coming up through the ranks. ThazKat might have been kidding, but I am not....post some pics of the girlfriend... 8D

Welcome dude.
                    1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                    2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                    Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Thanks again guys...damn did i forget to mention riding gear...Well my lid is a yellow scorpion raider ex700, the g/f has m2r yellow lid, we have matching joe rocket jackets, i sport the joerocket gloves she sports the icons. I have a pair of icon super duty boots and the g/f has addidas we are going to work on that...we also have a full line of RAIN GEAR, florida may not get cold but its like a leaky faucet. I do have pics of the g/f maybe youll see them with her permsion...yes they are work safe . about keeping the 250 for her...we went through this and she decided to wait awhile before she got a bike she wants a car or truck first. I tought her the basics of starting and i got her to the stage of walking, but she never wanted to lift her feet. She was confident until the day she was backing it up and she puled the front brake while the handlebars were turned and over she went. nothing but a scuff on the left mirror but it was enough to bring a tear to her eye and to make her not want to try again. Im sure ill get her back into it though.
                      Take it out and play with it

Comment

Welcome aboard. Hope you like your Scorpion as much as I like mine. Gotta get pics up soon
                        Common sense is great, it's just not all that common.

Comment

Working...
                        X