X

Newbie from Florida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Florida

Hey before you kick me out because i ride a ninja, hear me out 8)
    Im 16 years old and currently have about 6000 miles on my ninja250. ive been riding for about 7 months and the 250 is my first bike. I took the msf and got my license a few months prior to purhcasing my bike. The reason im on this site is because im looking to upgrade and ive reasearched my options over and over and ive stumbled on the katana once again. I ride to school and work every day with my g/f on the back, let me tell you its the biggest pain in the ass. Since i got into bikes at around age 15 ive loved the sound and style of sport bikes. So natuarly being young i didnt know much and started looking at "nice" bikes until i relized what it takes to drive a sport bike, which is why i started on a 250. Now i feel i am ready to step up to, what ive hear to be, a great everyday commuter, and because its a 4 cylinder engine...which you cant be sound wise. anyways enough talk this weekend i plan on heading to my local suzuki dealership and see what kind of deal i could get on possibly an 04 yellow kat. Hope to get plenty of help from you all in the future
    Take it out and play with it

wow...pretty wise for your age!

Happy hunting...welcome to KR

Comment

That sounds like a good plan. I think you'll be happy with your choice. Welcome!
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

We wouldn't kick you out for what you ride. If your looking for info on or about Kats you have come to the right place! There are alot of knowlageble people here that would be glad to help you in any way they can. So if you have any questions check the post there might already be an ansewr there for you. If not post your question.
        In my opinion the Katana is a great comuter bike, and has enough power to keep you happy for years to come.It is truely a sport-touring bike!!
        Happy riding!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I started out on a Kat and still ride it today after three years. I've ridden it from Ohio to North Carolina the last two years and the ride was great. Only thing I would look into is getting the Red one, everyone knows they are faster.
          Keith Paton
          Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
          13 GSXR750

Comment

Originally posted by MedicFFKat
            I started out on a Kat and still ride it today after three years. I've ridden it from Ohio to North Carolina the last two years and the ride was great. Only thing I would look into is getting the Red one, everyone knows they are faster.

+1 A good point MedicFFKat made there!!

Comment

Hey thanks for all the kind welcomings...i dont know about the whole red idea because i could have swore that when i looked at a pic of a yellow katana it zoomed off my computer screen but you guys are the katana experts!

Comment

Stick with team green you dont want a Kat .

And by the way it is nice tosee a 16yo who isnt just interested in doing wheelies and stunts right off the bat. You have my respect.

And now that we have another youngn can we get rid of Duff?
                PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Nobody here is gonna bash you for riding a ninja, the main deal is, you sound like u've started out in a responsible manner, and learning things the right way. Starting out on a 250 was a great choice, and now you can move up w/ confidence and riding time under your belt.

A 600 Kat is a great choice, and its definately a step up for ya, from the 250 ninja. Plus once ur comfortable on it, your GF will appreciate the more comfortable seat too.

Welcome to KR

Comment

Hey UFO i was thinking about sticking with kawi's but like i said i stumbled back on the kat. Iwas thinking about the 05 zzr600 but both me and my g/f agree that the kat looks like a much more suitable everyday rider.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiejunkie
                      Hey UFO i was thinking about sticking with kawi's but like i said i stumbled back on the kat. Iwas thinking about the 05 zzr600 but both me and my g/f agree that the kat looks like a much more suitable everyday rider.
                      You are so right there. 8)
                      Now only if you look for the right color you will be alright.

Comment

the ZZR600 is a nice bike...but the 750 Kat outperforms it

Comment

but the 750 Kat outperforms it
                          I was going to say something but I'm a kinder, gentler Batgirl this year.

Welcome fellow Ninja rider -they haven't kicked me out yet..so you should be ok
                          Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl
                            Welcome fellow Ninja rider -they haven't kicked me out yet..so you should be ok
                            YET...... the keyword in there was YET.

Welcome to the gang Junkie!! 8)

Comment

but the 750 Kat outperforms it

Thats brings up one of my questions, what is the major diff. between the 600 and the 750 kat performance wise?

Comment

Working...
                              X