X

Just Curious

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Curious

We have had a lot of members from europe this week join. Here's what i'm curious about.

was wondering how cool it would to tour europe on our bikes

what would it take to ship to a starting point in europe and also back home ones the tour is done

how many weeks of riding would it take to make the transport over

also what would it take to be able drive our bikes there

also how many people interested doing this

just curious i was born in germany and been back several time were i could legally drive which was fun to drive on 4 wheels but how much would it be to drive on two over there and do a tour

Manny

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
    >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Would love to. But that amount of time counts me out. Shipping bikes over is cost prohibitive, if you were considering this you'd be much better off renting bikes there.
    I'm not cheap by any means, but I couldn't afford to do trip like this.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

If I was to consider that, I'd be more likely to get someone over there to facilitate buying one and resell it when I left. Probably alot cheaper that way.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You might find this interesting....there are several companies doing this..... there's one I was looking at a few months ago that listed prices with bikes (your choice of) included.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

renting bikes over here arent cheap either , its easily $1000-1500 pr week. and with that kind of trip I would spend 1 month at the least. so maybe shipping isnt that bad after all.

but I would definately meet you guys if it happens
          Last edited by mammut89; 02-19-2012, 10:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            If I was to consider that, I'd be more likely to get someone over there to facilitate buying one and resell it when I left. Probably alot cheaper that way.

Krey
            Buying and selling would be very time consuming. You don't want to buy just anything and you'd have to register it too, get plates & insurance. Depending on the country you might have to MOT the bike to drive legally. Paperwork's a b***h in most of the countries here.

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
            renting bikes over here arent cheap either , its easily $1000-1500 pr week. and with that kind of trip I would spend 1 month at the least. so maybe shipping isnt that bad after all.

but I would definately meet you guys if it happens
            +1
            And lot's of interesting places to ride here.
            Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

I have one better krey find a bike over there buy it then ship it to the states after the trip

thanks slofuze for the link

one more thing if we get a hand full of people to buy it may be cheaper to ship it by container lol
              Last edited by Talltec; 02-19-2012, 02:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
              >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

I know some people that tour in Europe. They either rent bikes over there, or have friends that loan them bikes.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                X