X

breaks problems?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breaks problems?

I have a 2006 Suzuki gsxf 600 Katana I changed the back breaks and the breaks won't work? Any ideas why they won't work.
    Let's ride

Did you bleed the lines? Honestly there are quite few reasons they could not be working. May need a rebuild. You may just need to pump the brake a few times. Maybe you installed them wrong? Honestly with out seeing it or knowing what you did when you changed 'breaks', theres not much more I can do to help.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

brakes

Comment

+1
        sigpic

RIP CP
        50th Anniv R6
        95 Katana 600
        http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          brakes
          Thaaaaaank yooooou. come on people...
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

And why is this in the touring section?

Did you scuff the crap out of the rotor with sand paper? Did you bleed the brakes? Change the fluid?

Comment

Yes i bleed the brakes and cleaned the calibers off and worked them in and out to make sure they weren't stuck.
              Let's ride

Comment

Originally posted by thuglife213 View Post
                Yes i bleed the brakes and cleaned the calibers off and worked them in and out to make sure they weren't stuck.
                Ok, but any time you install new pads you need to sand/scuff/abrade the **** out of the rotors. Otherwise the new pads won't work worth a crap. See, after time, the metal gets a "glaze" on it from the old pads. This glaze needs to be broken so the new pads can seat in.

If you didn't sand/abrade the crap out of the rotors, this would be why you can't stop.

Comment

calipers

Comment

Did you pump up the brakes after you installed the pads and pushed the calipers back?

Comment

Working...
                    X