Help, handlebar risers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR-15
    replied
    i rerouted everything exept the front brake hose which I had to replave using a Bandit 1200

Leave a comment:

• jorge1320e
    replied
    Did you changed or modified the Clutch, Choke and Gas cables ?

Leave a comment:

• Wild-Bill
    replied
    That's what you look like after buying a set of their converti-bars and then realizing you could have gotten the same effect for less than half the price?

Leave a comment:

• Bloodsugar
    replied
    holy mother of god what is that logo thing supposed to be?!?

Leave a comment:

• Wild-Bill
    replied
    If you haven't spent any money yet you might want to contact these guys: http://www.spec2.com/clips.html

Their Profi clip-ons are very adjustable and run about $150 from the manufacturer. Contact them with the fork diameter (41mm for yours, I think). I had their bars on my '84 Interceptor and they were terrific. Two allen-head bolts to get full adjustability from low and forward for bombing around the backroads to high and back for long-distance touring (like from Seattle to Houston).

Oh, and no messing around with drilling the triple-tree. They just clamp around the fork tubes.

Leave a comment:

• KAT TOY
    replied
    http://spieglerusa.com/controls/hand...onversion.html another option

Leave a comment:

• Bloodsugar
    replied
    holy mother of god what is that logo thing supposed to be?!?

Leave a comment:

• jetmerritt
    replied
    Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
    i got a "lowering kit" for a 'Busa from soupy's sales.com. basically 1" spacers and bolts to raise the bar mount for my 98 750. works great. about $28 shipped when i got mine.
    Yeah, that's the trouble. I have a 600 and the triple tree is totally different. The 600's have less options.

Leave a comment:

• KAT TOY
    replied
    Originally posted by nkir6674 View Post
    Hate to jump in and ask the same things but, Is it my understanding that u can put a 98-06, 750 triple tree on a 600 and get a 2inch rise? I want risers but dont wanna spend alot of money for just a 1inch or so.
    i got a "lowering kit" for a 'Busa from soupy's sales.com. basically 1" spacers and bolts to raise the bar mount for my 98 750. works great. about $28 shipped when i got mine.

Leave a comment:

• jetmerritt
    replied
    Originally posted by niqbales View Post
    Thank you for the write up... I've been considering a similar mod, you have inspired me to go for it!
    It was way easier than I thought, but if your center spread on your bars is narrower than mine, you will have to drill the triple tree for the clamps. I used the factory handle bar mount holes.

And no more sore neck for me. I can go 8 hours now. Go for it!

Leave a comment:

• niqbales
    replied
    Thank you for the write up... I've been considering a similar mod, you have inspired me to go for it!

Leave a comment:

• Omnivore
    replied
    I had bars like that on my old Honda 750-four

Leave a comment:

• clark827
    replied
    Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post
    Post up some pics! Those sound crazy. I thought my bars were huge but still work out ok in the twisties...
    Here's the listing pic of the bar. Looks like I'll have to do something for bar ends, but that's easy enough. Won't be able to work on it until we get back from Iraq. Other than what the wife will have on the to-do list, this will be on the top of mine.

Jet- thanks again for your help to know what the best measurements are for center width, etc. It's pretty hard to figure out when your bike is 6500 miles away!

Leave a comment:

• jetmerritt
    replied
    Post up some pics! Those sound crazy. I thought my bars were huge but still work out ok in the twisties...

Leave a comment:

• clark827
    replied
    Ok- so I got a set of clamps, which happen to be risers also (convenient, right?) and a bar with a 6.5" center, 5" rise and 10" pullback. The bar is a replacement for an early 80's Kawa cruiser, but it works for the measurements. I have a feeling it'll kinda look like ape hangers on a Kat, but I'm all about comfort. I'm a wh*re like that.

Anyway, this fall when I get home I'll see if I can dig up this post and add my saga, for benefit of future comfortwhores.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X