Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ygolohcysp
    replied
    Hello.

I've looked into doing this as well. I like the idea of the convertibars, but they are a bit too expensive for my tastes, and to be honest, I know I'd somehow screw those up, and get them so they weren't even. And if I did, then as soon as I'd want to readjust them, then they wouldn't be even. But then, I don't have them, and they may be much easier to get even than I would believe.

I also looked into the aluminum blocks, but it seemed too mundane. Besides, I redid my forks, and have Tmod's adjuster caps on them.

So this was what I had figured on going with.

Established in 1996, Woodcraft Technologies, Inc. designs and sells some of the most innovative sportbike products in the industry. We are committed to helping racers, track day riders and sportbike enthusiasts create the ultimate riding experience by saving time, money, and frustration on the track.

As far as I know, you'd have to drop the forks through the upper tripple just a tad so the clamp on brackets could sit on top of the tripple tree. But my idea with this is since they have the separate piece that gives the rise and holds the bars, you could buy more plates. Put on taller plates for that long ride to the rally, or where ever you're going, and then swap on shorter plates for a sportier ride. I even emailed the company asking if you can get just the riser plates, and they said sure thing.

I have NOT done this, so I can't vouch for anything. I know they sell the fork clamps in the size of our Kat forks. I ended up doing other mods for now. I still plan on doing this though.

Leave a comment:

• squiggy
    replied
    Convertibars if you can afford it.

I have a set and they are great. Infinitely adjustable. I bought mine used.

Leave a comment:

• jetmerritt
    replied
    No steel braid brake lines in the store?

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    he's a member here so send him a pm with any questions or concerns

Leave a comment:

• jetmerritt
    replied
    Hmm, now I'm wondering if that kit is enough.

Thank you, I'll think on that.

Leave a comment:

• mreedohio
    replied
    SCR MOTORCYCLES KATANA PRODUCTS. Reasr sets, sprockets, cowls, sliders, brake lines, clutch kits, gas caps.

Leave a comment:

• scottynoface
    replied
    Swap to the 750 tree, the bars are already like 2" higher on the 750s.

Leave a comment:

• jetmerritt
    started a topic Help, handlebar risers?

Help, handlebar risers?

I want to switch to a set of bars and sit up a little straighter.

I can't seem to find a vendor for any options for an '06 600 Kat. I just got an email back from spiegler and they said they don't make a kit.

Any body know anyone else, or have any good methods of doing a home job. I want it to be safe and proper.

I have seen a couple good set ups for 750's but they have different triple trees.

Lemme know, thanks in advance.
Working...
X