No announcement yet.
X

Just ordered my touring setup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some stoves are dual fuel, can run on unleaded gasoline. That means you always have stove fuel, and if you run out of gas for the bike and have some in the stove bottle, you can keep going.

I know from experience, Camping store (REI, Campmor, Dick's)freeze dried food is pretty tasty, really.

Oh, and instead of a ground cloth, spring for the matching footprint for your tent.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Eureka sells a footprint for my tent that's around $10 so I'll pick that up sometime soon.

I can't wait for this trip, I'll be sure to post up a ride report along with some pictures afterwards. I'm also looking forward to some test runs I'll be making close to home with all of the gear just to see how everything works and to get a feel for how to pack everything in a way that works well. After my finals in 2 weeks I should make the first run.

2002 Katana 600
      1999 Ford F150

Comment

I uses a hammock and just eat where ever
        Die Living, rather than live dying

Comment

Man that sounds awesome. I wish I could plan out a nice trip like that.

Comment

just a few questions...

why not go on the Kat?
            and if you are close to moab, I live about an hr from there, you will be passing through green river anyway, shoot me a pm one day and i can meet ya down there for some lunch or dinner, and show ya a good spot to eat.
            2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
            Bumblee Bee Tuna

Comment

go get some mountain house freeze dried foods. make sure to get mashed potatos with brocoli and cheese. and if that cook set is teflon, dont scratch it!! food will start tasting funny....

Comment

Working...
              X