No announcement yet.
X

Krauser Hard Bags

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't mind, could you take some picks with the bags dismounted? I am really curious what the bike looks like with just the racks. That is what is keeping me on the rail on hard vs. soft luggage.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Junior what dealership did you see these at, I would like to go have a look next time I am in that neck of the woods, or at least call the dealership.

Originally posted by Junior View Post
      I was at the local dealer yesterday checking out hard luggage. From what I saw, the GIVI racks/luggage are interchangable with a company called KAPPA.

The KAPPA bags appeared to be a little more "low end" compared to the GIVI, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative, or just need the mounting hardware, they looked pretty damn good to me. Just as a price comparison, the GIVI side bags were $400+ and the KAPPA bags were $170.

They had a display model and it was a KAPPA hardbag attached to a GIVI rack. Fitment was perfect. Maybe worth checkin out.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for posting those ugmo!

Comparing the pics to the Givi racks I had:
        The Krauser puts the bags further away from the bike, and doesn't use the undertail blinker-mounting hole for the lock-together between the racks on the two sides (the Givi does). Looks like the Krausers also use a plate on the rack to mimic the Givi set-up (to avoid infringement on some patent perhaps) -- the Givi's racks mount the bags straight to the tube-steel. Still, looks like a very viable solution, and in some senses, the racks look less bloated (when mounted sans bags) than the Givi racks...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Several riders on the sport tourer forum have installed Pelican hard cases, smaller, a lot cheaper and low profile. Great for commuting but not for long distance touring.

2005 GSXF750 Katana
          1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
          1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            Interesting. Thanks for posting those ugmo!

Comparing the pics to the Givi racks I had:
            The Krauser puts the bags further away from the bike, and doesn't use the undertail blinker-mounting hole for the lock-together between the racks on the two sides (the Givi does). Looks like the Krausers also use a plate on the rack to mimic the Givi set-up (to avoid infringement on some patent perhaps) -- the Givi's racks mount the bags straight to the tube-steel. Still, looks like a very viable solution, and in some senses, the racks look less bloated (when mounted sans bags) than the Givi racks...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Well, the directions tell you to run the blinkers thru the hole by using wires to splice into the system to extend their length. I found that I did not need to do that if I ran the wires directly thru the tail. NO WIRE cutting!!! and no chance of loose wires, etc.

I think you're right about the patent infringement. Since the "wing" is mounted on the tubes, it needs to sit further out to allow the bolts to be tightened. I think they could have threaded the tube but it probably would have created a structural weakness. The givi system is the best setup aesthetically. Too bad they are not making the racks for us.

Originally posted by gaillarry View Post
            Several riders on the sport tourer forum have installed Pelican hard cases, smaller, a lot cheaper and low profile. Great for commuting but not for long distance touring.

Do they make mounting racks for kats?
            Last edited by ugmo; 01-13-2008, 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            2002 Kat 600

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, I think I could deal with that on the bike.

As to the Pelicans, I'm not sure I would want to deal with the weight to get one that was of a decent size. I own a couple pelican cases and they are great when you want to protect your investment, but they are hella heavy. My laptop case by itself weighs more than the laptop and power supply.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I think that Krausers holders are much more attractive to look at then both Kapppas and Givis system´s. If you fit the Kappa system and then lock at the bike from behind, the bike looks like Starship Enterprice from behind. The rear indicators is " the Engins" It´s realy ugly.

Ugmo, you did a fine choise, i envy you.

I modified my Kappa holders so my bike doesn´t look a spacecraft anymore.
                Last edited by Maciver; 01-15-2008, 03:17 PM.
                If u can read this, then i posted a message.

Sorry for the bad english, if i posted a "fishy" post.

Comment

NICE TOUCH!!!

Right now i'm opting for the soft bags< still have to finish paying for the Bike.

Maybe in the future
                  "If ya love something, set it free!
                  If it don't come back,
                  Hunt it down and kill IT!!!!!

Comment

Cost for racks..

Okay, so I changed my mind! If I'm going to the Rally, I need cases.. Yeah, it's at least a 2-week trip r/t

I have 2 questions though:

1) Is the cost for the Krauser sideracks for a pair?
                    2) Can you still mount the Krauser toprack when the sideracks mounted?

Shoot, the bags and mounts are going to cost 1/3 cost of the entire bike Well, it's better than buying a whole dual sport...

Comment

yes, the pair . . . racks etc and you can put on the top rack.
                      2002 Kat 600

Comment

Heres the Old Krauser stuff that suzuki offered
                        Attached Files

Comment

wow, those things are HUGE! I've always wondered what the hard bags would look like on a Kat tho.... nice set up
                          [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Very Nice
                            Die Living, rather than live dying

Comment

Hey, just got an 04 kat 750. Decided to get the Katana because of all the touring options. The seat is a lot more comfortable than on my SV1000 and the mileage should be a little better. I was looking at the Kappa website because now I'm poor but it doesnt look like they have a US distributer? Anybody Know? The Kruaser bags are kinda high.

Comment

Working...
                              X