No announcement yet.
X

turbo EFI katana 1260

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is a killer idea! I must make one and add a spot for a speed sensor! That looks so awesome!
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• My milling machine packed it in yesterday. No good!!! To fix it I have to haul it down to the United States, which wouldn't be too bad if it didn't way 500lbs. This is a real set back.
      Kat Parts Clearance Selling Everything

Comment

• BAck adder again.
        pistons are in, engine is in the frame

Comment

• Originally posted by katman1260 View Post
          Today was real nice so I went for a long ride up the coast to clear some cobwebs out of my melon.
          Yes thank you for the wave as you went by. Beautiful day for the a ride back from Whistler. Spent the weekend at Aava and took in the Warrior Dash. Was a great time.

Comment

• that sounds almost ridiculous lol, but fantastic at the same time. Good luck!

* errr should have looked at rest of pages, lookin good though! keep it up. I've wondered a bit about an EFI conversion, I'll stick with the carbs for now though.
            Last edited by sekter; 08-08-2011, 06:23 PM. Reason: looked at rest of thread :D
            2001 GSX600F

Comment

• OK project is back on. Since it has been a long project I thought I would throw on the turbo and efi to give myself a shot of motivation. Phase I is almost complete. That is motor in ready for carburetor break in. ONce the engine is broken in, Phase II starts, which will be in a couple months. Phase II is adding the fuel injection and getting it running correctly. Then Phase III, the TURBO!!! There are some issues to sort out with that but I am looking forward to getting down to problem solving for the completetion of the project.
              I have taken the turbo stuff off today and put on the Vance and Hines header. I have a stainless (new) Yosh knock off coming. I am told that it will be killer. Of course you will all find out the details once I have it in my hot little hands. Here is a small rundown of what I have done lately.
              Keyfob, one button on/off power - no ignition. I will be replacing this with an RFID system shortly when I get some upgraded parts from my supplier.The low fuel sensor is installed and working great (pics to follow). I am having an issue with my SPA super expensive clocks. The menu button decided to quit working. I don't know if it is the switch or the clocks. I will need to do some trouble shooting with the manufacturer next week. I had to redesign the backing of the clocks to allow the led lights to fit properly. ONe thing you get used to on these projects is doing things again and again to get them perfect. Another snag is my quick access clutch cover, it has offset my cable so it doesn not run through the center of the housing. It has also made it too short. Or rather, the stock actuator arm is too short and, has to be rotated inward which makes for a very heavy pull. Not only that but I am not getting enough clutch travel to completely disengage my plates. Something will have to be made, Oh, how novel!!
              I am just waiting for my new set of RS Flatslides to arrive (tues/wed) and I can bring the beast to life. A Dyna 2000 is in charge of detonation while 1260cc pistons supply the force. Feeding this monster is a ported head with 1mm oversize stainless steel valves, Web 370 left cams dialed in to 108.5 degrees. The heavy lifting is provided by APE/Web hard welded rocker arms which will be generously lubricated by the top end oiling system. Managing all this torque and twist will be a Gardner Concepts prepared crank with straight cut gears with of corse, katana rods.
              When Phase I is completed I will summarize what has been done to date. I have quite a few pics to upload when I get the chance. My computer has been down for a couple weeks which has backed many things up. Oh yeh, the color is "ATOMIC ORANGE" Believe me, the pictures do not do this bike justice. Walley and his crew over at Willowbrook collision in Langley did a fantastic job, for a fantastic price. Hand painted pinstriped, two tone all cleared over including the katana decal on the tank. They smoothed is all so there are no ridges. Go see them for paint. Great guys, great job, great price.
              There is a more to catch up on that will be posted over the coming days.

Last edited by katman1260; 08-28-2011, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• Oh my god. What is this? I don't even.
                "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• I am using a Pingel petcock for this project. It fows more and I just don't like vacuum feeds. Too much trouble. Also installed the thermistor low fuel warning system from an SV 650. Its not a good idea to wait until you are out of gas and flip to reserve when your on EFI, so this will do nicely. At approximately where I would go onto reserve I now have a warning light on my dash that comes on. This peticular unit uses dual thermistors so I will be hooking up a secondary critically low warning light.

I was going to paint the low fuel unit as it was pretty ugly then realized its brass. Same as the outputs of my fuel valve, so I polished it up as shiny as gold. Matches nicely and looks great.

Comment

• that look's so fkn mean i don't even have words to describe it. lolol
                    2001 GSX600F

Comment

• Kat Of The Month, Bike Of The Month, Kat Champion what ever you want to call it,...
                      You've got my vote !
                      Good job
                      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

• Here is what I did under the seat of my katana project. I cut some aluminum as many do, to relocat my electrics under the seat. This is not original, but it is something you have to do if you want to hide some clutter and clean up the look of the bike. Don't get me wrong, I like the electrical panel on the side, it adds to the look of the stock katana, but just didn't fit this project.

The extra bolts you see are for mounting the fuel injection controler and some other odds and ends. Here is a tip for anyone wanting to do this to their bike. Make sure you don't have tooooo long a screw in the back by the tail light. If you do, you just may tare a hole in your tire. The stock katana wheel rises above the seat rails so be careful to check all clearances and suspension travel.

Also tucked in there you will see my new lithium battery of 2.2 lbs. 270 cold cranking amps with 18 amp hrs. Monster output, miniscule footprint. Just under the new aluminum is a new "series" regulator rectifier. Do yourself a favor and google it. A buddy on a forum turned me onto these for which I am thankful, Thank Jimmy!!!!. I liked them and the batteries so much I ...............

YOu will also see the voltage meter and my all weather usb charger for my iPhone. To the right of the usb is the push button switch for both. I wanted to be able to monitor battery status while the phone was charging since it would likely be sitting around shooting the breeze. When not in use I can keep them from drawing power. The usb plug draws power even if there is nothing plugged into it, so I am told. For on the move monitoring, I have a Yoshimura mutlimeter up front with oil temp, clock and volts. If you look closely, you may see the positive lead coming out of the fuse box (the bottom of our fuse boxes has a neg and pos accessory connection) This accessory terminal is hot with key off. That way I can charge the phone without the rest of the bike using power too.

I have some clean up to do. The positive lead from the battery is too short, and I need some more black zip ties. I am more anxious to get this on the road right now, then I can look after details off season, in a couple months.

Comment

• Here is how nice the flush mount gas cap turned out. I cut out the bung and replaced it with a fuel bung from a Harley Davidson Sportster. The flush mount cap is an oem discontinued cap that works great for my purposes. I don’t like trying to get my keys out when pulling up the the pump. The only think I need a key for now is my seat lock and I may be working on a hydrolic seat over the winter. Like I don’t have enough to do.

Comment

• as borat would say : sexy time !
                            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

• Super nice job! Super nice KAT. I just wonder why some people think you can go
                              LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

• Looking Good

Comment

Working...
                                X