X

JamieXD's 93 Katfighter 600 build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
    Holy cow! Reading up on a subject before trying it yourself... What a concept!
    Seems all too few actually do that. Sounds like you're doing it right.
    That's because most people want the quick and easy way out haha

But thanks man!
    Shit happens when you party naked

You're supposed to be team muscle...don't make me come over there and make you team pus*y! - F&F6

Comment

did a lil thinking tonight and came to the realization that my previous idea of how im going to weld in the new seat supports wont work. soo this is the new plan!

also came up with how i plan on setting up the rear end of the bike, more than likely gonna use sheet metal. oh and that hole is where i plan on mounting the brake lights & turn signals.

You're supposed to be team muscle...don't make me come over there and make you team pus*y! - F&F6

Comment

change of plans for the seat..man i have too many ideas for this bike!! haha

im not sure exactly how i'll pull this off, but i want to join the front nd rear seats together to make 1 new seat.

you can kinda tell the design im going for by looking at the foam.

Comment

Originally posted by jamieXD View Post
          change of plans for the seat..man i have too many ideas for this bike!! haha

im not sure exactly how i'll pull this off, but i want to join the front nd rear seats together to make 1 new seat.

you can kinda tell the design im going for by looking at the foam.

Create a new seat pan from scratch with fiberglass using the 2 you have as guides for the single design you want.

Use new foam to cover with and contour to your specific needs.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Create a new seat pan from scratch with fiberglass using the 2 you have as guides for the single design you want.

Use new foam to cover with and contour to your specific needs.

Krey
            i have no idea how to use fiberglass

looks like i must do some research!!!

Comment

Keep up the good work , by any chance would you be wanting to sell your side fairings?

Comment

Originally posted by kevingkruse View Post
                Keep up the good work , by any chance would you be wanting to sell your side fairings?
                Wellll you see what happened was....I tried to cut them down into a half fairing design but I failed miserably lol

I have the right side fairing still intact and the tail fairings too.

Also have the tail fairings for the 750 as well.

I have them listed on my local craigslist postings, but I'm waiting to reach 50 posts here before I make a for sale thread.

Comment

did a lil work on making a mold for the new seat pan today!

i'm hoping that i can get my buddy to lend me a hand with the fiberglass process.

Comment

Bummer, well I wouldn't be able to pick it up locally, if you could possibly ship it out, how much would the shipping be and how much for the right fairing?

Comment

Originally posted by kevingkruse View Post
                      Bummer, well I wouldn't be able to pick it up locally, if you could possibly ship it out, how much would the shipping be and how much for the right fairing?
                      ill pm you

Comment

Quick lil update!

I should hopefully have the single seat supports welded in tomorrow!

I had originally planned to weld it myself, but all I have access to is a basic mig welder.

Sooooo I'm taking the frame to a locally well known fabrication shop that i just so happen to be friends with the owner

Should have pics soon!!

Comment

Heres an initial pic of the seat support!

Comment

welds look good,
                            the seat pan should be quite easy ,if its not too warm outside ,i made a fiberglass shell of the bandit tank on my back porch

Comment

Originally posted by ratana 7fiddy View Post
                              welds look good,
                              the seat pan should be quite easy ,if its not too warm outside ,i made a fiberglass shell of the bandit tank on my back porch

My friends over at Noribilt do badass work!

But yea I've decided to make the seat pan out of a combination of fiber glass and carbon fiber.

Probably use mat and roving for inner strength and the carbon fiber for the outer layer appearance

Comment

Seat supports done!!

Now I can swap the 600 guts into the frame!

Oh and make my seat

Comment

Working...
                                X