JamieXD's 93 Katfighter 600 build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamieXD's 93 Katfighter 600 build

Sup guys just introduced myself to the forum

Welcome to KatRiders.com! We're glad you found us!
    Please take a minute to introduce yourself and tell us about your bike.

but anywayssss onto the good stuff!!

I recently picked up my 93 Kat because i wanted something to help me save some money on gas, since driving my 09 Tundra everyday puts a dent in the wallet every week ha

soo i figured why not pick up a non running bike that why i could learn the basic ins and outs of motorcylces and still have fun at the same time!

Truth be told i've been creeping the streetfighter forum here nd at customfighters.com for days now..i just cant get enough!!

heres my baby the day i brought her home, not running & no title

started the typical streetfighter process

I started to look into acquiring a title, but i found out that the bike was last registered/titled in Indiana back in 1994!!!!

mannn back taxes were gonna cost a prettyyyy penny!!

soo with that said i began hunting through my local craigslist ads and found a 1994 Katana 750 for $350 with a clean title

shes a diamond in the rough!

the plan is to strip down the 750 to the frame and swap over all the 600 guts into it, thus creating a legitimate, legal, & titled bike.

began working on the tear down that night

this was the end result of the 750 frame that following morning!

I came to the conclusion that, since i still need to get my M class license & have no experience riding a geared motorcycle, i have no need for a passenger seat!

this is the inspiration for my build

here is the progress on my subframe chop

this is how im going to weld in supports for the seat

so as of right now, im just waiting to have some time to weld in the seat supports, after that im going to begin swapping the 600 guts onto the frame.

I also plan on making custom LED turn signals and a LED Brake/Tail light

stay tuned for more updates!!!!!!!

Shit happens when you party naked

You're supposed to be team muscle...don't make me come over there and make you team pus*y! - F&F6

Looking good, got some nice inspiration there.

Comment

Great start! Have fun with the build.

Comment

Tejas makes you pay "back taxes" since it was last registered? Really? Crazy!

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks guys! Oh nd about the back taxes thing I'm not too sure if that's true, some friends of mine told me that haha

Here's a lil update, I salvaged some of the rear subframe to be uses as new supports for the single seat. I'm not sure if they will be long enough but I'm gonna give em a try.

You're supposed to be team muscle...don't make me come over there and make you team pus*y! - F&F6

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Tejas makes you pay "back taxes" since it was last registered? Really? Crazy!

Krey
            I know CA does here. They charge you for every year it wasn't registered. After a certain amount of time it drops out of the system, but I think it's 10 ish years or so.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
              I know CA does here. They charge you for every year it wasn't registered. After a certain amount of time it drops out of the system, but I think it's 10 ish years or so.
              damn that sucks! well now i dont have to worry about it haha

Comment

Congrat's amazing project, thanks for share and keep us informed about progress
                I admire how you guys build amazing bikes in the garage

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post

That's crazy...

NC only charges taxes for years it is registered. So if you let it sit for 5 years with no tag... no taxes either. Previously afer you tagged it for a year they sent a bill. Now they are switching to include the 1 year tax at the same time as the 1 year tag extension.

Interesting...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by KATANA-BRASIL View Post
                    Congrat's amazing project, thanks for share and keep us informed about progress
                    I admire how you guys build amazing bikes in the garage
                    Thanks dude! Its really fun creating something with your own hands. Turning wrenches is like a stress relief for me haha
                    Last edited by jamieXD; 05-19-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I can understand what you mean this is the reason that I admire you guys I've changed my trottle cable using a Yamaha ybr125 cc cable and I'm very happy I can imagine how its build a new bike with own hands like you're doing at home

Comment

Originally posted by KATANA-BRASIL View Post
                        I can understand what you mean this is the reason that I admire you guys I've changed my trottle cable using a Yamaha ybr125 cc cable and I'm very happy I can imagine how its build a new bike with own hands like you're doing at home
                        nice! well you could always take on a project yourself too!

Comment

I don't have knowledge for this kind of project I'm just a noob trying to learn

Comment

This is my first bike EVER haha, I'm a newbie too bro.

Only advantage that I have is that I'm a mechanic and have experience with welding and fabricating stuff.

All of which I learnt by practice, oh and i read ALOT of Build threads and how to threads to help become more knowledgeable in whatever the subject may be.

Comment

Holy cow! Reading up on a subject before trying it yourself... What a concept!
                              Seems all too few actually do that. Sounds like you're doing it right.
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X