No announcement yet.
X

Project Blacklight (another 600)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welp I definitely need a swingarm... and the rotor back there.

Comment

Wow Its been quite some time, not much to add either, I painted my forks, thats about it. Kind of just waiting to see the right deal on another parts bike

Comment

are you in ny? i'm down in oneonta(if you know where that is) i sold my 90 750 last winter to a local guy, he contacted me about buying it back, if i can get ahold of him would you be interested? iirc he wont take less than 550(thats what he paid plus title), has all the plastics, motor ran fine( carbs were gunked though) trans shifted fine as well.
        if you ever need a hand with any of it, i'm not far, i love wrenching.

Comment

Hmm if he still has it let me know and ill pm you my number to give this guy

Comment

Found an 1100 GSX for sale not to far away, Might go pick it up this weekend. Except it needs a clutch cyl, which would just be another thing i have to buy....

Comment

but youd have an 1100
              94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

keep us posted please.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah nothing is happening for a bit, out of project funds.

Comment

Bummer. That's always an issue...I'm pretty sure someone in here posted up a walk thru on a 2nd gear fix before. Have you tried searching for that? Definitely cheaper than a new motor. Could be mistaken, but when 2nd goes out, I think it's usually the shift fork thats messes up from posts Ive seen on here.
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

yea but unless you have dedicated space and time..tearing the motor down an replacing parts in the trans would be more frustrating and time consuming than just swapping a motor.
                      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

i have several sets of blinkers, a stock post mid pipe and exhaust, and a vance and hines mid pipe and slip on. dont give up on it yet, i'd like to have a bike similar to mine in the area.

Comment

Comment

had that 1100 lined up but lost it cause i took too long deciding if i was going to spend the money...

Comment

Looking at some 750 parts tomorrow. Heres for hoping this time its worth it.

Comment

well that was a waste of time, money and fuel.

Comment

Working...
                                X