getting streetfighter fever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting streetfighter fever!

hey all,

I have gotten the streetfighter fever! I have grown tired of spending time waxing and cleaning and detailing my fairings (they are far from perfect anyways). I have been searching ebay and some motorcycle shops off and on and trying to get a feel for what i am gonna end up spending to convert my bike. One of the first things i noticed is that alot of manufacturers say that they "may not be street legal"? I live in Oregon and i would like to make sure i stay within the law. I was kinda hoping someone could help me clarify what i CAN and CANNOT do to my bike as far as making it a fighter?

If anyone has any recommendations as far as windscreens, headlights, guages, etc i would appreciate it. Any links for good deals to get me started in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as well.

I have the mental image of what i would like the bike to look like, but i have yet to find the parts to make that mental image a reality.

i think the problem with Katana's is that you wont FIND the parts. You'll have to make them or make something that wasn't previously designed for the Kat work on the Kat.
    -Brandon

Comment

Take some advil, it will stop you from making a mistake

And pretty much nothing aftermarket is going to be street legal, most of the stuff on my bike isn't
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Would it be advisable to stay away from universal setups? Would think that the strap on mounting kits would be a bit flimsy and not hold up well?

Comment

Rule of thumb, if it doesnt say "DOT" its not street legal if its aftermarket, if its custom made, unless its reinstated by local dmv or dot official its not street legal. Thats according to NH inspection, that being said if you do a good enough job most inspection stations cant tell its not supose to look like that
          never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
          Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
          confused katana build

Comment

It depends on the product , headlight clamps are pretty secure most of the time.

If you have an idea for what u want then try and put it down on paper or autocad or something fist.

Then start thinking about how to achieve it. Purchase all the parts and try to do it all at the same time.
            Expect to spend the price of fairingws on you conversion. .

Custom fighters will have more info on legal issues in your state.
            Last edited by il_ragazzo; 08-12-2012, 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
            Tony
            94 Katana 600

Comment

I have an 88 1100 strertfighter in progress. Stage 3 jets, 4:1 Vance and Hines (gutted the canister), cut about 1' off of the tail frame. still have a lot of work to do. received a lot of thumbs up. it its what you want. be careful, as soon as you start tinkering, that's when you find the broken parts held by dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by jim b View Post
                as soon as you start tinkering, that's when you find the broken parts held by dirt.

Thats why you always make sure the streetfighter bikes are at the back of the pack, then you dont run over all the parts that fall off
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Sad but true. still love the look

Comment

Working...
                  X