X

Rear Frame Chop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Frame Chop

After going back and forth about it for the last year or so, I decided to finally do it.

Planning on chopping & utilizing the stock seat also. Lights etc are TBD.

I like the look so far, and think it has a ton of potential.

Your thoughts?
    Attached Files

love streetfighters wot are your thoughts on the next stage?
    I'd have liked to chop mine, but need a 2 seater for the GF
    Good Luck!
    '92 GSX750F 'fighter project
    '83 XV1000 cafe racer project (almost done )

Comment

Working on modding the seat now. Not sure if I want to run a small cowl on the back or not. Going to do the cut the seat up first, make sure I like it, then go from there. Taillight will probably be an LED strip, but that can change.

Comment

What did you use for your guages? I just bought a kat that was laid over so I am wanting to turn it into a streetfighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_83 View Post
          What did you use for your guages? I just bought a kat that was laid over so I am wanting to turn it into a streetfighter.
          Just from a quick glance, I don't see gauges on this bike... If you want to find gauge ideas, look around the fighter section a bit, BP did a good stickie write up about them as well.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I like the small cowl idea - it gives you the chance to put a real individual stamp on the bike, mines limited with the standard seat/cut down tail fairings, but will have to do for now.
            Has anyone tried the chinese ebay gauges - like from danmoto for ex?
            '92 GSX750F 'fighter project
            '83 XV1000 cafe racer project (almost done )

Comment

Thats about where i cut my rear frame but i reused the seat and taillight for now looks good

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                Just from a quick glance, I don't see gauges on this bike... If you want to find gauge ideas, look around the fighter section a bit, BP did a good stickie write up about them as well.
                I was just wondering if maybe he used electronic guages. But thanks for the info. I'll look around the streetfighter section.

Comment

No guages/mirrors here. 99% of the time when I ride, I'm with 4-5 people. This is more or less a "play" bike for me.

Looking for some LEDs for a taillight. Anyone have any useful links?

Comment

Working...
                  X