X

Gauge/bracket setup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge/bracket setup

Okay so I'm planning on fabing a bracket for the speed/ fuel gauge. Previous owner ghetto Rigged a bracket by "drilling a hole in the headlight cover" and bending a bracket in a u shape to mount the gauges with zip ties for added support, that's what he told me lol. We are working with a 96 Kat. I'm looking for a clean design that will hide the pods and give it a "hey is that stock look." planning on powdercoating the final product. pictures would be nice.
    GO BIG OR GO RIDE A VESPA

Check out BP's write up (stickied at the top) in the streetfighter section. Give it a nice stockish GSXR look.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

My answer would be to hit ebay for a cowling subframe, mount the gauges in that and find some fairings and a windscreen. Probably not much help to you..

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I love a mod that leaves people wondering if it's stock.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Check the streetfighers section.. plenty there.. my old bracket came from an old scooter
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Still debating going electric with a speed sensor or fab a custom bracket. I want a super clean look.

Comment

If you're trying to look stock, maybe think of gauges from a Bandit, or at least the cups they come in.

A lot also depends on what you're using for a headlight. If you're doing an enduro light, you could fit a trailtech speedo behind it. If you're doing a 7" round light or dominators, the gauges are going to be exposed no matter what, so the bandit cups would look more stockish.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

what years will work from the bandit. Will stock gauges fit in the cup?

Comment

Originally posted by THEGHOSTRIDER View Post
                what years will work from the bandit. Will stock gauges fit in the cup?
                I don't know, and I doubt anybody does. That's kind of the thing with fighters, you know...... you're likely to end up having to do a lot of the leg work yourself. If you search around the internet enough, you should be able to find some gauge cups that will fit the stock gauges with a little work. With some luck, maybe a set of early bandit gauges would wire right up, since the early ones used a cable speedo like the early kats did. There is usually only one way to find out, though......
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I hear yea. Just trying to learn others mistakes before i run into my own lol. Has anyone here slapped on a koso gauge? Can't find a picture nor really any good info about capability.

Comment

I need as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X