No announcement yet.
X

At a crossroads...to fighter or not to fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rode a cruiser today and got tired pretty fast from the wind. I vote plastic on. And for resale value. Nothing screams i ragbag my bike and crashed it like "street fighter". That's a generalization, i know that isnt the case for all, but that's how i shop.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Katana fighters are pretty retarded. All go and no show usually imvolves having some go...pretentious.
      foda-se!
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Wow, L&L, long time no post, where have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post

Rio. Staying busy. How are things on the other side of the world?
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Cold, and apparently not busy enough... But I rode anyway today. Got the cobwebs out of my mom's CX500.

Comment

I park my katana next to 96 katana without fairings. That beast looks like lion completely shaved

Comment

Ya know, the Nekkid look can go ok, especially since that mount is busted anyway but I think it comes down more to what u are planning on doing w it. The fairings are going to help alot on the highway etc. If it is all beat up than why not run it stripped. Anyhow best of luck either way.

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post

Good hearing from you, my friend.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

plastic's for sure unkess ur tinkering with it so u don't have to pull/put them on all the time till your done working on it.
                    "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                    1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                    2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

I dont know bout the complaints of no plastics since Ive never had a bike with fairings, but just the the fact your kat doesnt have plastics doesnt make it a streetfighter, just makes it a nekkid kat...
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                        I dont know bout the complaints of no plastics since Ive never had a bike with fairings, but just the the fact your kat doesnt have plastics doesnt make it a streetfighter, just makes it a nekkid kat...
                        +1

We have 2 pre 600's sitting side by side in the garage. A 96 (mine) with plastics on it and a 95 (Kreylyn's beater) without plastics on it (the plastics arein a box and pretty rough).

I don't notice the differenct in the ride between the two that isn't explained by the differences in the bikes' suspension, tires, general state of wear. I don't notice being battered or abused at highway speeds on the nekkid one like others have said, but we have a windscreen on the nekkid one. It is nice to know that if I lose it going up or down the drive there's no harm done. But it's ugly...

Like REALLY ugly

Like so ugly it went through cute and back to just plain ugly again.
                        Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                          +1
                          Going streetfighter is for sure more work then it would be to stay stock with plastics as cintidude said just removing plastic does not make a street fighter. But as for my vote i love the fighter look and doing the fabwork to make my bike unique is worth the time and effort.

Comment

my fairings were bad messed up, i just sanded them down primed them and spray painted them flat black. I get tons of compliments now, but i have alot of chrome...ALOT so the flat black sets it off

Comment

I vote fighter, just take your time and do a good job.

Comment

Working...
                              X