Clear All

• my fighter (ratzuki) project

ok so here is my project doing it slowly as i have to ride it daily

this is how she started

ithen did this

and made this

then a bit of paint

and this is how she looks at the mo

comments and ideas always welcome wil keep this updated as and when i get stuff done

Thats one way to shed some weight.
    Going for the "Mad Max" look hey. While your at it, you should put a big phat back tire on it. Doesn't that sling dirt all and chain grease all over your neck, shoulders, and back ? I know my undertail gets quit a bit of chain grease caked on the bottom.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

yea wanted to put a bigger back wheel on but there is no clearnce with the bar that holds the back calapier on
      and yes i get very wet and drity and it has played havoc with my eletrics .
      i have a hugger just not had chance to put it on yet lmao

Comment

Paint the front fender IMO. It looks like one of those cars that has an unpainted hood on it. But good work never the less
        Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

Yikes

Comment

ok so started to strip her today going to use my mate garage soon but couldnt wait so started in the garden lol

and a box of bits

Comment

what have you got planned? good time to do all the maintenance now that you got it in pieces.

Comment

Wow, that didn't look like it was in bad shape before you started tearing down.

Comment

well powdercoating frame, swing and wheels paint engine. a few new bits make her to a nice fighter with a theme

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post
                  Wow, that didn't look like it was in bad shape before you started tearing down.
                  she wasnt but major eletric problems so need to fit a new loom any way and need new chain a nd sprocets so thought would just rip her apart and build her properly
                  Last edited by blueeyes; 05-06-2011, 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

WOW ! Would have stayed red and i like blue. GOOD LUCK

Comment

You had a very nice bike and ruined it. Someone had to tell you straight up.
                      '03 600 Kat
                      '00 Ninja 500R - *sold*

Comment

Thats harsh 4banger! Maybe 'ruined' for you, but each to their own,
                        I think it looks great, good luck with the next stage blueeyes.

If we all kept a standard bike, sites like this would get fairly stale...
                        '92 GSX750F 'fighter project
                        '83 XV1000 cafe racer project (almost done )

Comment

Originally posted by 4banger View Post
                          You had a very nice bike and ruined it. Someone had to tell you straight up.
                          If you think he ruined it look at mine.

I think it's coming along great! Liking the solo cowl/ tail you made.

Comment

Originally posted by Fault View Post
                            Paint the front fender IMO. It looks like one of those cars that has an unpainted hood on it. But good work never the less
                            +1
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

thanks venturesomerite yea i was pleased with it

4banger thats fair enough i was expecting alot more comments like yours and like dodgyp if we all stayed stock would be very boring

will keep you all posted as i progress

Comment

Working...
                              X