No announcement yet.
X

my fighter in progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats why it took so long to arrive. It had to be ordered directly from Earl's UK and they don't paint them until they are ordered.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

• I hope there wasnt any price difference for them to paint it

VHT is what $8 for a can?
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• No increase in price, just increase in wait time.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• Ghey, bandit cooler wouldnt work?

Gotta assume its bigger...

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• Bandit coolers are infact smaller. I went through and research all of my option for several months before making a purchase.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• Interesting...sorry not gonna go through all 8 pages of the build thread

Comment

• I have to assume that the Earls has more flow? Looks great! I do agree about the R1 shock compared to the Hayabusa shock! Besides that, the R1 would have to have a different spring to make up the weight difference just of the bike, not so much with the Busa shock, it just needs sprung for the rider.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• Originally posted by ThAzKat View Post
                  I do agree about the R1 shock compared to the Hayabusa shock! Besides that, the R1 would have to have a different spring to make up the weight difference just of the bike, not so much with the Busa shock, it just needs sprung for the rider.
                  How is the R1 shock going to mount when it has the wrong end on it? Unless of course you tear the shock down and put the correct style shaft and end on it.

Tmod

Comment

• T, I believe Thaz is agreeing that the R1 wouldn't work, not that it is a good idea.

Thaz here is some info I have saved on the Earl's cooler.

AIR VELOCITY: THE CRITICAL FACTOR IN HEAT DISSIPATION EARL’S TEMP-A-CURE OIL COOLERS are designed to efficiently use all of the air that passes through them. The center chart below shows that a Temp-A-Cure cooler of comparable size is between two and
                    three times more efficient in terms of heat rejection as a typical tube and fin type cooler. (“B”) Cooler “A” in our chart below is of a popular stamped dish plate design; where the dish plates are the only components—no fins and no corrugated screen. This design, while extremely attractive to the manufacturer, sacrifices efficiency of heat transfer for ease of assembly.
                    The right hand chart below represents testing to determine pressure drop. It shows that the Temp-A-Cure cooler can handle a larger volume of oil (four times the volume!) with less than half the pressure
                    drop of a typical tube and fin style oil cooler.
                    Last edited by cintidude04; 01-13-2012, 01:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• Dude, Thanks for the email and pics. I left allitle jizz on the monitor!
                      "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                      1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                      2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• Haven't had an update in awhile, mostly because school and work have been sucking up most of my time.

Ended up with a NISSIN m/c from a 99 fireblade. Looks good, just need to rebend the reservoir bracket.

Also will be using lh and rh controls from an R1, the on/off side came in yesterday so I installed it last night, definitely an improvement in looks I say.

Received some ZX7 rearsets last week. The first pic is after I gave the one on the left an acid bath. The second pic is with them mostly assembled after clening them up. Still waiting on a new shifter pedal.

1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• Nice, those controls and rearsets look good.

Comment

• Well before I left for indy I decided to drill the hole and install the R1 throttle tube. I think it looks good, more interesting than just putting on a post kat push pull throttle.

Also had a slew of packages waiting on my doorstep. Funny thing is, I purchased a header beginning of January. It somehow got lost in the mail. The post office was jerking me around, it seemed like they weren't doing anything and that I would never see the header. So about a month later I decided screw it, I need to get a header so I can install an O2 bung and modify a midpipe for it. So I got another one off another member, what do you know the day after it ships I get a call from the post office. "hey we found your item, it should be there in a day or two". So it looks like now I have my choice of which header I want to use.
                            Pros and Cons: The V&H has a larger collector being that is a 4-1, which would be better for installing the O2 sensor.
                            The D&D would be simpler job in the way of making a custom midpipe.
                            When I get back to cincy, I need to measure the I.D. of both and that may help finalize my decision.

1992- project katfighter
                            2005- GSXR750
                            2001- TL1000R
                            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• I just might have to do this R1 throttle! I like that it is smaller and simpler than the katana post one!
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• Nice bike I like fighters of the older katanas.

Comment

Working...
                                X