No announcement yet.
X

my fighter in progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok here's for you others who have requested it. Hope this helps.

First off is the diagram of which boot goes where. The boots I used were 1998 750 Kat intake boots. More than likely possible with pre boots as well, but I have not tried. The part #'s I have posted are from the bikebandit fiche.

I recommend using the GSXF650 boot clamps for the ease of getting rid of the old screw style (the new ones use a hex bolt and cover 2 boots).
    Also the oil lines will now be a very tight fit but will work. Personally I will be replacing the lines altogether with a set of HEL lines and adapters.

The next possible fitment issue may come from the secondary butterfly motor being in the way of the alternator. Now I don't know if this will actually be an issue as I do not have my alternator hooked up atm. To get around this you could remove the motor entirely since you will not be using the 2ndary butterflys. Personally I just unplugged the wiring connection at the bottom, since it looked like that would be the only problem point.. I figure the less I have to take off the better.

That should be it for fitment of the GSXF650 throttle bodies in stock form.
    I did however notice that each body has it looks like 2 vacuum ports. if this is true that would mean we can likely use a stock post petcock and still have the other vacuum line for the MAP sensor. If some one has already done research on these throttle bodies and can either confirm or deny this please speak up. .

Last edited by cintidude04; 10-27-2011, 09:06 PM.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

• great Job! this thread is well on it's way to being sticky!
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

• Looks great man, can't wait to see the project completed!
        Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

• This is amazing!!! Thinking of doing it myself now.
          My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
          Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

• Well, it won't happen this winter, but you've got me thinking about next winter.....

I'd add a fuel composition sensor, though. I would like to be able to fill up with E85 if I wanted to.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• Really nice work man!
              2005 Gsx600f- My baby
              1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
              Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

• Thats what i call attention to detail and doing it right!!!
                "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• Nice job man! If your interested I have a few bits of info for the throttle bodies from the manual as well as a wiring diagram, I was going to dig them up here soon anyways, if you'd like I can post the info I have here for you.

Comment

• Absolutely. Would save me the trouble of getting the service manual as well.
                    Can you find if that second tube I posted a pic of is a vacuum line as well? Would be nice to usethe post petcock instead of installing another barb. Speaking of barbs, whats your plan for the return line to the tank?
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• I'm confused on that vacume line myself, I either don't have one on my set or its missing? I'll keep looking into that part and see what I can find out for ya. Heres what mine look like at the moment, I'm pretty much at the same point here.

Next, the wiring schematics.

Info on the stock fuel pump.

and some assembly instructions.

As for what I have planned for the return, I want to run all stainless lines so I want to see what its going to take to do that but I'm guessing I will weld on some type of bungs to the bottom of the tank for both the feed line and the return line and some how incorporate a shut off valve on either side so that I can still remove a full tank. With the throttles finally fit I think the fuel delivery will be the next thing I tackle and then finally mega squirt and the sensors and electrical and lastly tuning...

I by no means to thread jack or anything but its nice to have someone to bounce ideas and info off of back and forth. Tomorrow I plan on talking to someone about the delivery end of things. I'll let you know more what I figure out there. I hope some of that info ends up being useful. I do have the full manual so if there is anything else you want me to try and find, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Comment

• Very helpful thankyou. So the TPS has a built in IAT sensor, one less thing on my buy list. . Next up is picking up a wiring harness so I can salvage the TPS/IAT and individual injector wiring connectors.
                        Could you post the wiring color code that is relevant for us? Really appreciate it. When do you plan to have yours up and running?
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing about the TPS and the IAT, I may do the same thing as far as a wiring harness. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by the wire coloring code that pertains to us? Thats the full wiring diagram for the GSX650F the lower picture shows the the color code for the injectors and various sensors. I have yet to figure out the schematic for running it into megasquirt, I have a lot to figure out and learn still, a lot of this is still very new to me, I'm taking everything one step at a time. As for when I should have it running, I'm hoping by next spring.

Comment

• Nevermind about the color code I can see it, I'm just on a netbook atm so it looked fuzzy. It is nice to have someone going fairly the same route on the conversion at the same time to compare notes with. What engine is yours going on?
                            1992- project katfighter
                            2005- GSXR750
                            2001- TL1000R
                            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• The 600, but I'm always in the market for a larger engine. I've been looking into the sensors that are on the throttle bodies, what ones to use what ones not to use what ones I'll actually need and so on. I know I need the TPS and the IAT. I'm not sure on the idle air controller or IAC. What are you thinking about doing with it? and what are your plans for the secondary butterflies and the stepper motor that controls them?

I have no set plans at the moment for anything other than getting it fit and getting the pump, regulator and lines ran. I'm not sure what MS unit to pick up yet, I need to research into it a bit more. Cost wise, it would be nice to be able to get away with the MS I.

Comment

• I just talked to thesteve, I'll probably run the MSI v3.0 so I can sooner or later control timing. If you have no plans to control timing you can use the MSI v2.2 easy enough.
                                The only sensor I'm keeping on the TB's is the TPS/AIT. Remove the secondary butterflies, remove the IAC and mount my pressure regulator in its spot. I'm going to keep the butterfly motor in there just so I don't have to fill in the space. If yours came with the MAP sensor like mine, you will not need it unless you are using microsquirt and can figure out how to make them work together. But the regular MS units have the MAP built in with a vacuum port for your hose.
                                1992- project katfighter
                                2005- GSXR750
                                2001- TL1000R
                                www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Working...
                                X