X

My Street Fighter KAT Vance N Hines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Street Fighter KAT Vance N Hines

this is my 90 600 kat, got it for 700$ as it sits, minus the new tire and i just picked up this Vance n Hines 4 to 1 for 190$, hopefully going to get the 750 motor complete with carbs in the next few weeks, ill keep you posted on that. I have some more future plans but you'll hafta wait to see what will come of them. Hope yall like it! BTW here is a vid i just posted on the tube, its of the stock exhaust and then the vance n hines, lemme know what you think!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApDZsEc3240"]YouTube- Suzuki Katana Vance n Hines Exhaust[/ame]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 1NastyKat; 06-16-2010, 06:52 AM.

Ill have some pics of the exhaust on it in a few days, i have the rear wheel off right now for bearings.

Comment

I like what you did with your tail section. Does it still support a passenger?

Comment

ive sat on it and bounced up and down, i was concerned with that when i baught it, it holds me just fine (150 lbs) without tweaking or bending, i have yet to ride anyone on this bike tho, as you see i have no passenger foot pegs, ive been trying to come up with a way to mount/fabricate some, without it looking dumb but as for now, i just dont ride anyone

Comment

I'm a little closer to 180 but I still like the way it looks, and it looks as if it would support alright, my passenger is pretty tiny at about 100, but whoever did it sure made it look clean. I overlooked the passenger pegs trying to figure out where the welding points are on that support... Any chance I could get a close up picture of how that brace was welded in there? I'd have to think of a clever way to mount the passenger pegs that like you said didn't look dumb. Sorry I didn't mean to change the subject of your thread. I dig the vance n hines setup its got a nice sound to it.

Comment

hey man no worries, kat talk is kat talk, im always interested in what other people think, or are doing themselves. I can def get you an up close pic of that it might be a day or two tho since my bike is at a friends house awaiting my bearings for the rear end (shop ordered the wrong ones) i could take a vid too with my phone and possibly upload it onto here if i figure out how, do you have a pic of your bike? id like to see it!!

Comment

Sweet! Thanks man I'd greatly appreciate it! The tail has been one of those things that have just been bugging me trying to figure out what to do with it and I'm always looking for different ideas before I go hacking and welding. Gotta love when the shop orders the wrong parts for you, happened to me a few times now. Nothing like waiting out nice weather for 2 weeks on the wrong head gasket... I have a couple pics on this thread here http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110107 Ill try to dig one up of the right side here when I get home form work. Thanks again man!

Comment

beautiful bike man, ya its good to get a good grasp on exactly what you wanna do before you just go chopping lol, no going back after that, if i hadnt baught this bike like this, i would have done things differently myself, but maybe ill find a decent frame laying around for a rebuild this winter! thanx for looking at my thread man, and ill get that pic as soon as i see my bike again!

Comment

Where did you find that exhaust for $190?! You had to have gotten it used right??

Comment

ya i baught it used from a guy on craigslist, he gave me a great deal on this, but he wanted 475 for a motor/carbs with a broken part inside, and i have no clue if its fixable or not and neither does he, thaught it was a bit funny he gave me a good price on one thing, and then wanted too much for the other, at worst id get the carbs outta the deal maybe the gearbox, which isnt worth close to that, speciallly having to tear down and rebuild, what do you guys think?, and im talkin about selling as a whole, not individual adding that im clueless as to what could be wrong, heck could be a bad rod, or part in the jug or something im thinking like 250$ any ideas? what would you pay?

Comment

Sweet deal man and thanks again! As for your motor dilemma that's a tough one cause it could be more of a pain that its worth as oppose to just finding a working motor to drop in but if it turns out to be something easy to fix then $250 may be a hell of a deal and if the carbs and the head turn out to be ok you may still come ahead out of it. Just my thoughts though. I'm learning how lucky I am having a bone yard within 20 minutes.

Comment

The vance and hines sounds good. I am still looking for a setup for my bike, Th eproblem is that I like the look of either an undertail or a dual exhaust. To me a single sided exhaust looks to Blah... However, it does sound good.
                        My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
                        Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Working...
                        X