X

New to the forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First test run...

Sorry guys I am horrible with the whole uploading pictures thing but I did have a buddy over who happened to tape the first run. It feels good, needs a little tuning but feels great to have it on the street again.

Comments always welcome.

Comment

Nice and loud!
      www.koryukan.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch GSX600F View Post
        Nice and loud!
        Thanks!! It has V&H glass wrapped baffles in it even... It's insanely loud with out them but doesn't run all that great.

Comment

Heres a fistfull of pictures of where I'm at with her at the moment, I like it, a few changes and do overs to come but for now I'm going to enjoy what little summer that Minnesota has. Any comments or criticism is always welcome!

Comment

Damn man nice job that is B A

Comment

Originally posted by kat astrophe View Post
              Damn man nice job that is B A
              Thanks Bud! I'm diggin yours too!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

So I thought that I should update this as its been a long time and a few major things have happened, I'm working on a new tail now but dont have the pictures for that yet however I'll let the pictures do the rest of the explaining on what I have done so far this winter...

Then I picked up a SSSA from a 97vfr750. I have to re-do the shock mounts and I'm

waiting for a shock and rim to show up and I'll get that finished other than paint or whatever I end up doing to finish it off.

The first thing that I had to figure out was the pivot point. I stared at the spacers and the pivot bolts trying to figure out how I was going to make it fit. My first though was to have new spacers made to reduce the size of the ID of the swing arm itself, but realized that one of the bearing is pressed in, so I kept looking into more options, next thought was drill out the pivot point on the frame and use the VFR pivot bolt, didn't like that idea at all next thought was to find a sleeve to fit the ID of the swing arm and the OD of the kats stock pivot. Confused??? Well pictures...

Yes by dumb luck... at first I thought hey, the VFR pivot bolt is hollow and has the OD I need to make things work right all I have to do is cut to length and drill out the to the correct OD of the kats pivot bolt. But what do you know no drilling needed the ID of the VFR is the exact fit for the Kat pivot bolt

Then I hacked off the last set of shock mounts that I had made because I'm going to use the linkage from the VFR.

and mounted up the swingarm

and tossed the VFR shock in, I will not be using this shock, just wanted to get an idea.

and here is the last little thing to cover I have a small gap on the right side but have that figured out just need to put the spacer in place.

and I finally got around to fitting the throttle bodies, no more progress on the EFI other than that at the moment.

New shock from gsxr750 with eyelets on the top and bottom. I got a car rim that I was hoping to use but I can't get it centered, just to wide to fit in the kats frame, I spent three days looking at it trying to figure out a solution, short of narrowing the rim an inch I've got nothing. So after hours and hours of digging through pile rims at the parts yard and finally found one for the vfr and go figure the thing is centered as soon as I bolt it on. I cut my last spacer for the pivot and bolted that up. got the shock and the linkage bolted up I just need to finish the mounts on the frame and make sure it still moves...

forgive my sloppy looking welds, I still havent gotten the gas conversion and flux is rather convenient and gets the job done, just a little more cleaning up afterwards.

Everything moves freely and cleanly. My friends cbr uses the same concept for links so I was able to use his to get the general idea.

Swing arms done...

As you may be able to see in that second to last pic I've got the throttle bodies fit in place too. Just need the money to fund the rest of that project. Been working on a tail and subframe as well. When I get the time to upload the photos into photobucket I will get this updated to its current status. It would be real nice if my real camera would show up... I dont know where the hell that thing is but lucky the cell phone takes pretty decent pictures.

Comment

Loving the progress brother. Did notice you had the gsx650f throttlebodies hooked up. Did you swap the boots or did you find another way?
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Thanks bud! Yup same throttle bodies as you, but I ended up making my own "boots", I really dont know what else to call them... Heres an example...

I managed to make it so that the ports from the intake boots to the head are damn close to matched perfectly as the throttle bodies have the same spacing, or very close to, as the the intake ports. The od of the "boot" is the same od as the throttle bodies, intentionally, I then took rubber hose big enough to fit over them and some hose clamps and clamped them down in place. I'll go over the inside of the steel with POR15 to help prevent any rust or corrosion. I made some gaskets out of gasket material to fit in between head and the "boots" as well. Hopefully that makes some sense...

Comment

Got ya, I thought I knew of someone doing it that way but wasn't sure.
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Dude I just didnt have the patients that you did to go through the combination of boots to try to find out what works just right, I tried a few different combos, I have three sets of boots that I played with for a little while till I said screw it lol

Comment

So I'm starting to finally get the chance to start collecting parts for the fuel injection, Im stuck with what the best option is going to be to run the fuel lines.

First option in the picture below shows the fuel line running the return from the FPR back into the tank requiring 2 shut off valves so that I can remove the tank. As well as a second bung to be welded into the tank.

The second option would allow one weld in bung to the tank and only one on/off valve by using a three way "splitter". simpler but I'm worried about the fuel heating up by not returning to the bulk fuel in the tank...

Any EFI experts that may be able to suggest anything and tell me why, Thanks in advance!

Comment

Fair play bud, just come across your build .............
                              Toys.........
                              1985 LT250 - modified
                              1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
                              2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
                              2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

Comment

Tail work: I have done this a few times and cant find something that makes me happy. I'm still unsure but I'm going with it and its kinda growing on me... Heres a bunch of pictures up to now...

Comment

Working...
                                X