X

1988 Suzuki Katana "Country Brawler"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem

hey i just changed my engine on my katana plugged all the wires up and when i try to start it it dosent turn over or nothing

Comment

Originally posted by lakeffe View Post
      hey i just changed my engine on my katana plugged all the wires up and when i try to start it it dosent turn over or nothing
      Uhh, that sucks.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

its not the fuses checked that

hey i got a question are you familiar with the katana
        Last edited by lakeffe; 10-20-2012, 11:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by lakeffe View Post
          its not the fuses checked that

hey i got a question are you familiar with the katana
          New threads mother ******, DO YOU START THEM?

I'll get some new pics of the bike as soon as I bring it inside and get the drip pan under it to start tearing it apart.

Parts should start coming in within the next week or so, and I'll get pics of them as the boxes come in also. I may do part of the work on a spare frame I have to see how things line up before making any permanent mods, but once this stuff is situated, this bike will NEVER be able to be returned to stock (without more work than the value of the bike could ever be.)

Also, can one of the mods edit the title to

"'01 Post Kat 'Country Brawler'" for me please?
          Last edited by Christ; 10-21-2012, 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

X1 tail came in today!

The pic doesn't show the rash, but it's nothing some JB weld and a coat of bedliner won't fix.

The rash is on the brake side in two places. I might be able to sand it out, but I'm probably coating the tail anyway, so I'll fill it and blend it, then get it coated.

Waiting on the new alu keyless fuel cap and the R6 seat. Ordering the stem bearings next week and my "custom" spacer that allows me to use the stock Busa bearings on the Kat.X1 tail came in today!

The pic doesn't show the rash, but it's nothing some JB weld and a coat of bedliner won't fix.

The rash is on the brake side in two places. I might be able to sand it out, but I'm probably coating the tail anyway, so I'll fill it and blend it, then get it coated.

Waiting on the new alu keyless fuel cap and the R6 seat. Ordering the stem bearings next week and my "custom" spacer that allows me to use the stock Busa bearings on the Kat.
            Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

Comment

Done all that work so far with just a couple screwdrivers and pliers. I'm gonna have to bring some of my tools home to get any further at this point.

Just working for a few hours/minutes at a time.

I broke the ground off the engine when I moved the wire harness. Kind of on purpose, because I wanted to finish that part and didn't have the socket I needed to get the bolt loose to remove the ground tab. I'll fix it when I do the work on the harness. There are a bunch of wires I'm gonna have a hard time tucking because of the way the engine's built, but I'm sure I'll figure something out for them, even if I just end up doing those parts of the harness with stainless or brass wire braid. I have a good bit of both available from a previous job where I was allowed to take "scrap" bits from the bins.

Comment

Really rough mockup. Tail is much too high/angled in the pic, tank is about where its' supposed to be.

Comment

what is that bracket off of? i like where youre going

Comment

Looks like a Buell subframe-

Comment

The subframe is a Buell X1 "Lightning". I think I named it in an earlier post.

I've actually gotten further than this now, pulled the swingarm and shock off, finished removing the rearsets and rear brake, pulled the header, oil cooler is hanging.

Just about ready to drop the engine out of the frame, then to remove the front end and get to work on stripping the frame and removing the unnecessary bits.

Comment

No more wasp/sausage ass...

Hayabusa swingarm mocked up before frame extensions cut/added. Might actually be too wide... I'm only gonna be using a 160/60-17 on the rear, so something that fills that out will be plenty... really rather not have it sticking outside the rear frame spars, but something that fits the width and matches the frame style needs to be found...

Comment

So.. uh... whod'ya think won that fight, George?

Stupid farking lower races.. :

Almost time to drop the engine out, yeah?

We'll save that action for another day.

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
                            Might actually be too wide... I'm only gonna be using a 160/60-17 on the rear
                            Definitely too wide, are you only using a 4.5" wheel?
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thats the stock size on the rear right? Then yeah if it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
                                Thats the stock size on the rear right? Then yeah if it is.
                                It would be alot easier to just use a 5.5" wheel for that size axle/swingarm setup, then to modify the Kat 4.5" wheel to be used. Sell the 4.5 you have, buy a 5.5 that will fit right, go with a 170/60 tire if you want to keep a more narrow tire, for use on the 5.5" rim.

Krey
                                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                                X