X

sealed beam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sealed beam?

ive got a 7" sealed beam headlight set up and its um... yeah its junk really. so im thinking about how to convert to a 7" round HID set up and was wondering if i would have the room to install a HID kit inside a 7" headlight. i know HD riders have done it...but i guess my question really is should i get a sealed beam conversion to H4 then convert that to HID or should i try another solution... possible problems that i may haved missed would be welcome.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

im thinking i kinda like this because its adaptable to a sealed beam 7" round headlight setup and it's setup for h4 bulbs which im wondering can be switched out for HID..
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

check out bosch,very bottom of page
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

well the idea is to change to an hid setup. not just H4. though i think i must buy something like that then an hid setup to custom rigg
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Skip the sealed beam conversion. If you're going to start with a regular reflector housing and upgrade that to HID, use one with an interchangeable bulb instead.

If you're starting from scratch, I'd suggest starting with a HID-specific system to begin with -- the focal mirrors for a dedicated HID casing are somewhat different than the plug-in bulb conversions and should net you more light on the road. Used HELLA systems on eBay for example...

Meanwhile, if you shoot me your email address, I'll be happy to forward you an example of some off-the-shelf solutions that I just got hit with from a Tawainese manufacturer that might work for you (I don't carry them, but you can bet someone will).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X