X

90 Streetfighter almost ready...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 Streetfighter almost ready...

Got this bike from a friend who just didn't want it anymore. It is pretty but needs alot of work on it. I give myself a few more weeks and she will be done. I have a cb750 head light assembly and ears, that I may go with. I have even had thoughts or going back to original look but I don't know. We will see. Any ideas to help out.
    Attached Files

like a blank canvas

Comment

Purchase #1.....a seat....... that looks like a whole lot of hurt. Going back to stock is always a good option if the engine's in great shape and you can find the parts at a decent price.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

street fighter that biotch! is she runnin well??
        RIDE TO LIVE. LIVE TO RIDE.

Comment

Originally posted by alienmusik View Post
          street fighter that biotch! is she runnin well??
          +1...get yourself a seat and start prowlin', new headlights will set it off!
          -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
          -My wife

Comment

That dude whos bike is up for Kat of the month has a wicked lookin tail section...check it out

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas...

She runs perfectly now after a carb cleaning, oil, oil filter, New rear tire, ignition, and gas cap. Oh and to all that posted she does have a nice foam w/gelpack installed seat that I just removed to install the new battery for the pic. I got to excited and didn't put the seat down. Haha. She sat in a guys garage for four years of no ridding. Guages were not hooked up so no accurate reading. I got 38k on gauges. No matter if she needs new parts she gets new parts. I have seen the helmet and walmart light front ends and am not impressed to put them on mine. I want something that just is raw and new to sportbiking. I will see it when I dream it and create it. Keep watching out here for me and this new kat of mine.

Comment

over here alot of people are putting scooter fronts as headlights because of the shape and headlight built in and some look really good

Comment

yeah that looks pretty, good, i would have taken. too bad he didnt want it. bikes are fun to work on

Comment

Bump

Wake up thread!
                    Any progress?
                    I invite you to church.

Comment

Almost done.

Update: Fresh suzuki blue paint job on full fairing set. New fork seals and front pads with rebuild on forks and brake assemblies all around. New cables just for me not to worry about em. Fresh light bulbs all around. She is getting synch today and with a lil luck we will be riding next week. Got a fresh paint job on my $25 dollar full fairings kit. Of course the skin got repaired coming from a rat bike that got stripped to do a streetfighter. Driver later wrecked it so the salvage yard got the bike but he turned out good. I picked up some spare parts also but hated to see his go. If anyone needs a front rim w bearings, top tree, and front fairing bracket. Just hit me back w a price. Need gas money. Wish me luck.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by jsuani; 05-28-2011, 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Quite a stock katana to be in the streetfighter section lol. But from your first pic to this.. nice restoration bro.
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

What did you do with the cb750 headlight?
                          I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                          -Unholy m-
                          Current project: Un-Katchable
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry forgot i posted in streetfighter section. It started out to be but evolved back to factory specs. Turned out the exhaust was crushed underneath and the headlight didnt fit without some mods. So, Cb750 headlight got sold/traded to another rider for the full fairing set and a 91 suzuki gsxr frame and 02 suzuki bandit motor. This will be a streetfighter if things go right.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by jsuani; 05-30-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsuani View Post
                              Sorry forgot i posted in streetfighter section. It started out to be but evolved back to factory specs. Turned out the exhaust was crushed underneath and the headlight didnt fit without some mods. So, Cb750 headlight got sold/traded to another rider for the full fairing set and a 91 suzuki gsxr frame and 02 suzuki bandit motor. This will be a streetfighter if things go right.
                              Now that looks like fun!!

Comment

Working...
                              X