X

Oill Cooler/Radiator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oill Cooler/Radiator

Hey does anyone know of a smaller more compact oli cooler/radiator replacement for the Street Fighter Kats? I have a 2001 750, and have been looking all over but it seems that noone has any info on this. Thanks!
    "Oh Waiter... I think I'll have the Chocolate Soup for the Scizophrenic Soul..."

Smaller? Maybe..
    The best option I have seen is Earls.

Expensive, but pretty..

You could also re plumb it to make it look better. I understand the Bandit 1200 cooler is smaller. Seems to me that the cooler off a Bandit 1200 should be ok on the Kat..

Comment

check eBay

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
        check eBay
        I do ..
        Religiously!

Comment

Yeah Ive checked Ebay, but unsure about what will actually convert over to a Kat. Im a religious Ebay-er when it comes to Kat parts.
          "Oh Waiter... I think I'll have the Chocolate Soup for the Scizophrenic Soul..."

Comment

600 bandit and kats have quite a small cooler, dunno if i'd want to risk one of those on a 750 or 1100 motor tho ...

my old slabby 750 cooler is one row smaller than the one that came with my 1100 motor, which means i doubt i'll have any heat worries but personally i'd not use the 600 cooler on this engine as there's too much difference for peace of mind ...

as shown before the earls cooler may look smaller in height but then there's the bracketry to mount it, also they are thicker than the sook cooler
            it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

The B12 cooler is allso smaller than the Kat600 cooler (got to be because a Bandit is a naked bike), I did run the 600 cooler on the 1371cc bigbore never got really alarming tempreadings (sensors in the head, bellypan and the cooler-exit.)

since you're talking SF I guess the B12 cooler will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
                The B12 cooler is allso smaller than the Kat600 cooler (got to be because a Bandit is a naked bike), I did run the 600 cooler on the 1371cc bigbore never got really alarming tempreadings (sensors in the head, bellypan and the cooler-exit.)

since you're talking SF I guess the B12 cooler will be ok.
                Bandit cooler specs in Green, and Katana specs in Red
                Width: 12"-----17"
                Top-Bottom: 6.375"-----6.875"
                Thick: 1.25"-----1.4375"
                Passages: 10-----13
                Passage Thickness: 0.125"-----0.125"
                Distance between passages: 0.5"-----0.3125"

Provided by a member..

Comment

Wow!!! Thanks for all the info you guys have given me! You all went above and beyond what I was expecting! Thanks a ton!

The Specs that you provided for the B12 vs Kat... are those 600 Kat or 750 Kat Specs? Or do they utilize the same size oil cooler?
                  Last edited by jumper69; 04-25-2008, 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Those are Kat 750 specs..
                    Pre 98 750s are larger then 600..
                    But I think the 98+ cooler is the same 600/750..

Comment

this may be off base, but i would say going smaller on the oil cooler is a bad idea due to the heat generated all ready by these kats....

I would say go bigger/an additional cooler... and believe me i know cosmetically that sucks, coming from a art/design person who is currently building a 91 kat streetfighter....

but thats my thought... might be one piece that function outweighs form....
                      THE EMAIL BANDIT
                      F4 I stunted out
                      Cbr900 (low and stretched)
                      MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post
                        this may be off base, but i would say going smaller on the oil cooler is a bad idea due to the heat generated all ready by these kats....
                        You'd think. But then why does the Bandit have such a small one?

Comment

Does path of logic seem to be the reason? Oil cooler doesnt have to be as big on the bandit because it doesnt have as much or any fairing to block the airflow hitting the cooling surface of the radiator on the front? Im just taking a wild stab and really dont know

Comment

Originally posted by jumper69 View Post
                            Does path of logic seem to be the reason? Oil cooler doesnt have to be as big on the bandit because it doesnt have as much or any fairing to block the airflow hitting the cooling surface of the radiator on the front? Im just taking a wild stab and really dont know
                            That's true. Also the engine is exposed more. When you think of the surface area of the cooler compared to the engine...

Comment

Working...
                            X