X

breather box vacuume with pod filters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breather box vacuume with pod filters

there is a cranc case breather so some type of hose that goes into the top of the air box. what do i do with it when running pod filters?
    plug it off or leave it alone?
    thanks

most folks let them breathe thru a small filter or into a catch tank (beer can etc), don't block it off as it's there to let crank case pressure off
    it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

The can mod can look cool,
      the filter looks like this:

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

glad ive been looking thru this all day i was gonna make a post about this very question. woot thanks guys
          J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

You can see how I have my breather run just infront of the velocity stacks. delfintely adds a cool look, plus always have people asking bout it at bike nite. some people are determined I have custom built carbs ... lol

1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

well they look amazing. im gonna swap my pre98 carbs for 98+ carbs then add pod filters.

Comment

lol Im stickin with my pre carbs. more jettin options and dont have to forget about forgetting the tps an extra bs
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

oh really i didnt know that maybe ill stick with mine then. see everytime i get on this website i learn something new and glad i joined. used to dislike katanas until i got one now i love it. cant wait to finish my SF

Comment

its mostly personal preference, an I prefer my pre carbs.. will have to retune them to the new engine though. not looking forward to that a whole bunch, but well worth it.
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

I ran all last season with out a filter, not a drop of oil came out..
                      Interesting. There is baffling in the "silver box" (yes that is the KR official term for it )

I guess that took care of the oil?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                        I ran all last season with out a filter, not a drop of oil came out..
                        Interesting. There is baffling in the "silver box" (yes that is the KR official term for it )

I guess that took care of the oil?

Normal operation should only push fumes out when the engine is hot... if not filtered and openly vented... they really shouldn't condense to quickly as to really show up as much of anything.

If it's actually pushing fluid out... generally either the oil level is too high (over fill) or something is seriously wrong.

I ran for years and years with a seperate pod filter on mine, and it still took a very long time for it actually collect much oil on it. Eventually it will though.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

My catch can has never seen anything in it, still clean from the factory in 03...
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                          X