No announcement yet.
X

Mr. On Time's build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you sir! Weather permitting i will be posting pics of the finished peg adapters today. I like this forum, ever since my first post when someone wished me luck in whatever direction my build went.... i was like direction.... i decided that affordable to anyone would be a good direction. Im super satisfied with whats coming out of my build and i owe alot of inspiration to you guys. Thanks.
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

there it is. After i drill the hole in the adapter for the original spring it will use all the hardware from yhe original peg, plus i used the pegs off of tge gsxr 750 and their hardware. The adapter is a railroad spike cut and driled. I like it, but ill know more after i get to ride it.
      Last edited by Mrontime; 08-08-2017, 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

about halfway thru making the bolt on exhaust coupler out of the flared end of the 24" x 2 1/2" exhaust pipe and some 3/16" steel plate i had laying around. Still gotta tack it up and remove the tacked up header system and weld it up good.

Comment

im exhausted....

Had a face palm moment earlier too. Won a bid on a guage and tach setup for cheap, then got to looking and its in km hr lmfao. Im gonna ride with a gps and mark the spots and make a custom dial when it comes in.... maybe engine turn the faces.....
          Last edited by Mrontime; 08-08-2017, 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i like it

Comment

Nice! And one thing, or two things a lot of people don't realize is the heat and the humidity that you are dealing with. I went to school in San Marcos and stayed in the river much of the time. It's so hot down in Austin now that you could probably lay your pieces to be welded out near the street for an afternoon and they will weld themselves. Well, maybe not.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I dont have to pre heat my peices thats for sure!

it makes the fabrication process faster if you can stay hydrated and take the punishment. Heres the full pipe, clocked, welded, and painted in and afternoon.
                Last edited by Mrontime; 08-08-2017, 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

and im freaking spent for the day. I left it all on the feild coach. Couple hits of the larry bird and wazooo i just couldnt stop working.

The entire system cost 128.00 thats with new gaskets, the yoshi can, the 600 bandit 4-1 headers which will fit on the 1100 gsx i believe, the 1100 exhaust was on my 600 bandit motor so stands to reason. Its not full stainless, and its not gorgeous but on a rock bottom budget i feel like i got my dollars worth. If this ever helps anyone then it paid for itself.
                  Last edited by Mrontime; 08-08-2017, 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks for all the pic updates on behalf of all us silent lurkers.
                    Last edited by shpielers; 08-08-2017, 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                      Thanks for all the pic updates on behalf of all us silent lurkers.
                      Im honored that anyone cares about my junk but me lol. Ill keep em coming..... i say junk but the truth is this bike has really grown on me. I feel like its MY bike now.

Comment

custom guage pod using original guages, or at the very least a gas guage i can move to a new pod.

Comment

just finished the little exhaust bracket. And spent yesterday and today doing the seat pan.... its ok but im still not happy... ive made the seat pan like 5 times so far

i like my tach guage. Its realistic.
                          Last edited by Mrontime; 08-11-2017, 05:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

crap seat pan... im pissed. Gonna redo it soon

Comment

three days off to fab started with mirrors. I really like this. I just took apart the 8 dollar ebay bar end mirrors, the bolt thread for the mirror matches the mounting hole nut for the original mirrors exactly, i ran a bolt thru and clocked it with a back up nut. Bang low profile mirror. I wanna note that it actually functions nicely as well. Its not just for looks, it actually points where it should which is cool cause i spent a few days beating this frame as close to strait as i thought it should be and bang it was dead on.
                              Last edited by Mrontime; 08-14-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Getting to the little nit picky shit is awesome. After weeks of intense labor, a few more little heres and theres and im going for a ride again, but this time its a completely different bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X