No announcement yet.
X

Mr. On Time's build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the motion pro alignment tool is a pretty good waste of 12 bucks. Makes those fat marks a lot less intimidating
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

Something you may be interested in are these dual headlights I've been watching, but its going to take some fabrication, which you seem good at. He's got the dual lamps, but like I said, may need some fab work. When I look at your bike, just seemed like a good idea to show them to you. So here:

Here is a dual headlight housing no cracks but has a little chip inside on round part it does not affect anything and you cannot even see it, any other year 1995 Suzuki Katana GSX600F model parts that I have are listed in my ebay store search box.

I'd shot him a email and make a offer just to see if he'll take it. They've been on ebay for atleast 2yrs.
      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Im actually thinking of using another manufacturers fairing and a set of HID projector headlights i have from a cadillac. I dont really like riding at night and avoid it if i can, so on a bike build headlights are always my last thought. But this has caught my eye. Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252943186093

Comment

Damn thats cheap !
          Just thought I would show you that headlight because I've seen it pop up for the last 2yrs...every time I login to ebay. Those light holes are kind of small anyway. You'd want some sort of HID or projection lense if you bought them. Those bulb sockets appear to have the chrome missing too.
          My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

this is basically just practice for the guages i ordered that are brand new.

Im not a very good artist, i dabble in some graffiti, and i can kinda sketch but im not talented at it by any means...

Last edited by Mrontime; 08-14-2017, 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by katanarider View Post
              Something you may be interested in are these dual headlights I've been watching, but its going to take some fabrication, which you seem good at. He's got the dual lamps, but like I said, may need some fab work. When I look at your bike, just seemed like a good idea to show them to you. So here:

Here is a dual headlight housing no cracks but has a little chip inside on round part it does not affect anything and you cannot even see it, any other year 1995 Suzuki Katana GSX600F model parts that I have are listed in my ebay store search box.

I'd shot him a email and make a offer just to see if he'll take it. They've been on ebay for atleast 2yrs.
              What!! No reflectors....
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

also i dont really show the tearing the bike down, this happens alot fabbing. I had to rout the throttle cables and the choke cable where they belong and cut a few tabs off of the headlight bracket that were catching on the brake line. Now im doing my least favorite thing.... fixing the rats nest of wiring. Im gonna clean it up and make it.... less ratty....

Comment

So it cooled off enough to where i could start working on the right side peg adapter. There is about a 223 shells width difference in the pegs bottom out on the right. My right side peg pin is also bent and nearly snapped in half from a pressure blow.... must have been a decent drop. Trying to get everthing i gotta weld ready to do in the morning all at once while its cool.

Comment

So i got a peice of welding slag in my eye last night. Pretty nasty and aggravating scratch on the white of my eye.... guess im going to the doc...

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Yes, the doctor is the only way to go.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Yeah, i got lucky and just scratched it. I got a sweet eye patch for the day and some ointment for my ignorance..... im religious about saftey glasses, this is just proof that the one time you dont! Just mad i ruined my last day off and half of yesterday with something that easily could have been avoided.

Comment

Murphy's law is a bitch, glad your eye will be ok. Good luck with the electrical
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Well, im 100% again and alot wiser. I have invested in some goggles now. It was a painful and unproductive weekend lol. Thanks for the comisserations guys!

Comment

Genuine hot rod. After sitting for awhile disconnected while i was welding in it. The ignition switch went bad, the starter cover was too tight and the starter couldnt turn. So i hot wired my own bike, still every battery i have is dead lmfao... im giving it cpr till it starts.

Comment

Well, you hang in there.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                                X