No announcement yet.
X

Mr. On Time's build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is a steel one worth to you guys? Ive got mine off and im looking at it. Its dooable but not in an easy bing bang boom way. And for a working set of pegs i would have to do both sides not just the left. I havent even checked my right side yet. Keep in mind i have a full time job in the oil feild that i work from 8-3...ish every..ish day. I would rather weld one up to work than mill it, but i could mill it from solid metal. I get it, and i have i high amount of mechanical sympathy, but sometimes ebay and using another old part from ebay is the cheaper option. Also remember, somethings gotta give, always. That part that snaps when the bike lays over keeps another part from bending and breaking possibly. Its raining here and i have my bike covered so i cant really inspect things today, but you diehard guys know.
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

It took me over a year to find one. Its a supply and demand thing. I personally don't need one anymore. I know there have been about 4 guys looking as far as I can recall. I believe the last guy mig welded his, but not everyone has that sort of luxury. Just saying if you can do it cheap and easy, take a chance.
      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

I am gonna make a bushingless set. After comparing to my gsxr 750 which is just solid billet aluminum, they shouldnt be bad. Im going to use railroad spikes to fab it cause their free and high carbon steel.

Comment

My shock and yoshi can are waiting for me at the house... my old lady loves to make my day longer by ruining suprises lol. Answers tonite!

Comment

some assembly required.

Not for the weak of heart. You have to remove a decent portion of the dogbone to make this work along with some insignificant parts of the upper mount. All bushings and widths are correct though. It has a shallow lower though so for topout the dogbone has to be shaved a little.

im calling this a win, this is at stock settings, im gonna stiffen it some but it feels great just sitting here waiting on the headers i ordered last week...

50 dollar yoshi can is in really good shape aside from the paint.... i almost dont wanna cut it. I would gladly trade or pay some to not have to fab the connection bracket if someone has one layin around... if not... ill fab it, cant do much till the 4-1 arrives.. im thinking tear the can down and soak it in chem dip
            Last edited by Mrontime; 08-03-2017, 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nice job with the shock. Change the rear heightwise at all?
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thanks! Not really, they are a really good match height and weight wise. It also stands to note that the stock battery box does still fit as well but i run a slightly smaller agm battery than stock. I was stoked when i put them side by side, i get kinda into the moment and forget to take pics, but i can shoot a side by side if anyone wants.
                Last edited by Mrontime; 08-04-2017, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I wanna bring the forks into this decade as well here pretty soon. Next on the list is exhaust though.

Comment

this was actually kinda a head scratcher. The most scratchable surface ever, covered in paint and dents. I left the paint on and worked the dents mostly out with a socket and body hammer, then i soaked it in dot 3 brake fluid for an hour and just wiped the paint off. The packing wasnt horrible so ill probably just rivet it back together and order an 11 dollar yoshi tag to replace the messed up old one. Im tempted to do this and relist them a few times it was so easy.

Comment

wow! These are so nice im wondering if they are actual factory or aftermarket. Im gonna have to lose the spring holder i never use for the work stand but otherwise its a great fit!!!!! Im excited and i think it looks crazy sexy..... comments, suggestions, critiques are all welcome. Thanks

Comment

I have the next three days off and some money. Those two things rarely coincide. Im gonna shorten the yoshi and then mount it up, im also gonna finish the foot peg adapters ive been working on, from what katrider has said i decided to make something a little different for the left side peg. If you have the original peg mounts its a double hinge peg that will let the bike lay over without breaking the peg bracket. It also lets you use new style pegs. Pics to follow over the next few days. Thanks guys for helping me be creative with this build. Just curious has anyone ever tried pouring a stiffer bushing into the foot peg bracket bushings? Its an old hotrod trick to stiffen up motor or pretty much any polyurethane mounted surface. May keep the flex down if weight is applied.... just an idea
                        Last edited by Mrontime; 08-06-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

got home and started the weekend early. Fabbing up a seat pan and gas tank holder to bring me closer to the frame. The previous owner had cut up the gas tank bracket and the tank will move around some when riding. Also without the original seat nothig really fit right. I think i may like the strategically placed intake the most...lol

Comment

i also chopped the yosh, cut and re welded the inner baffle, rewrapped the baffle and restuffed the can. Now im just waiting on the yoshi plate and some rivets to go back together. Hopefully i have it on the bike tomarrow
                            Last edited by Mrontime; 08-06-2017, 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

add another 8 bucks to the build for a 24" Ž×2 1/2" i.d. strait exhaust pipe. I didnt expect to have enough to actually make the chicane for the work stand bracket but it was actually about 4" too long. The flared end which is why i bought it is a perfect fit to make the bracket for the back of the bolt up yoshi can which is what im working on tomarrow. A couple of tabs for mounting to the frame and bata bing bata boom, it practically built itself.

Comment

I like what you've done! The folding peg is a good idea. Csn't wait to see what's next.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                                X