X

My first build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first build

Right have decided to do a wee buildup of my bike, not planning anything major performace wise as im not very experienced on sports bikes, more familliar with dirt bikes.

This is how i got her.

She is is a rough state, the person before was in the process of fightering it but I guess had no clue about the actual mechanics of the bike as they are pretty abused the list so far is........: no choke cable, wrecked clutch cable, rear brakes dont work, wiring loom has been hacked up, speedo drive missing, carbs need overhauling, new tyres......thats what i found so far

But that makes it a fun project

Spent the last week or so workin on her when have had some free time. Managed to get the look i want save for a bit of fiddling about so now i can tear it apart propper.

Curently looks like so.

Looking at those pics i dont like rear frame how it is so its getting cut up and changed

watch this space

looks like your off to a great start brother, I agree the rear is too low. raise it to where the tail fairin flows to the back of the tank and it might look real good.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Pretty much how i want the rear frame to look

Comment

how you planning on doing the seat itself, where the tail is at now it looks like youll be sittin extremely low..

also is that an actual garage your working in? if so I gotta say itll be a first lol, most of my friend buildin in the uk are using their kitchens or living rooms lol
        Last edited by cintidude04; 02-08-2011, 02:40 PM.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I'd suggest forget the original brace point (where you curve down too...) and just follow the line to the main frame. Sure, you will probably need to curve the bar in just a little right before the frame, but it would look much better not only on the lines, but give alot more clearance for a good sporty look on the tail.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Was going to use the standard r1 seat just trim it a bit to fit it in, have got some different dog bones to jack the rear up for the height

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            I'd suggest forget the original brace point (where you curve down too...) and just follow the line to the main frame. Sure, you will probably need to curve the bar in just a little right before the frame, but it would look much better not only on the lines, but give alot more clearance for a good sporty look on the tail.

Krey

Yeah thats a pretty decent suggestion right there only worry i would have it would the tail have enough strength in it?
            Last edited by ollied; 02-08-2011, 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

looks like the swingarm is all dented up.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
                looks like the swingarm is all dented up.

It does look like that in the pics but its fine, think its because i had a big set of floodlamps behind the camera

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post

also is that an actual garage your working in? if so I gotta say itll be a first lol, most of my friend buildin in the uk are using their kitchens or living rooms lol

Yeah its a big old unit, me and a mate rent it, got a few other projects on the go, of the cage veriety though
                Last edited by ollied; 02-08-2011, 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

looks great so far bro! i love it when people go all out on their bikes... keep up the good work

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                  "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

Working...
                  X