X

Mod pre-kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod pre-kat

Hi everyone merry xmas. I have been searching for six weeks to find good usable front fairings here in Australia and have come up with nothing but crap. Pre Kats are not as Popular here. So I will go down the mod route, I have been given a fairing and headlight off a 99 fireblade 900 as new. have pre-fitted fairing and width is great to match frame just need to make brackets and some sort of filler panel for beneath the tank which i can make out of fibreglass. will post pics as I go. any sugestions much appreciated.
    Attached Files

my suggestion is either trash that junk in the front or cover it up quick lol.
    not saying you decided to put it that way (obviously not if you are tryin to fit a fairing to it) but people that strip down a kat an leave an open gauge cluster an oem headlight amaze me lol

goodluck with the swap, I have several parts from other bikes installed on mine, but fairings arent one of them (although I have been seriously considering modding an arlen ness hd dyna headlight fairing to fit my kat.. if I could find one for under 200 lol). be sure to post project pics as you go.
    Last edited by cintidude04; 12-24-2010, 05:02 AM.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Yeah, the front does look pretty bad. Probably the shadow makes it worse. Personally, I like the 80-ish single, squared-off headlight look but that's just me. If there's any way you can use ABS plastic from another MC fairing instead of using fiberglass it should ride better. ABS and fiberglass flex differently. Maybe if you go with the minimalist look instead of trying to fully close in the front...
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

mod pre-kat

Hey Guys got some work done, cbr fairing mounted, tank infill panels (temp dont like them much) quick coat of paint (burnt copper) front wheel painted, bypassed stand switch as it is stuffed, new seat cover. cost so far $50.00 (paint). things to do, paint rear wheel, swing arm, mount mirrors, indicators, I need to find a good Katana sticker kit as the kit I bought here is crap. fix wiring under seat, new hand grips and anything else I can do on tight budget. comments and suggestions much appreciated.
        Attached Files

Comment

wow looks good.
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

That looks fantastic great work!

Comment

That's an awesome looking machine now

Comment

Looks terrific. Go for stock grips. The OEMs are pretty good.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

very nice job
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

mod pre-kat

thanks guys would not have been possible without reading many of the posts from this site
                    Cheer

Comment

I like it nice work
                      sigpic
                      "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
                      "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Originally posted by tonyeh64 View Post
                        thanks guys would not have been possible without reading many of the posts from this site
                        Cheer
                        Nice job on the front fairing, don't be afraid to bondo the tank to fill it.
                        Mine is holding up really well.

Comment

that is amazing.
                          cudos

Comment

Originally posted by tonyeh64 View Post
                            Hey Guys got some work done, cbr fairing mounted, tank infill panels (temp dont like them much) quick coat of paint (burnt copper) front wheel painted, bypassed stand switch as it is stuffed, new seat cover. cost so far $50.00 (paint). things to do, paint rear wheel, swing arm, mount mirrors, indicators, I need to find a good Katana sticker kit as the kit I bought here is crap. fix wiring under seat, new hand grips and anything else I can do on tight budget. comments and suggestions much appreciated.
                            I absolutely love this. I was thinking about going dual on headlights and this really looks stunning. Great idea and job.
                            Judge us not the scavengers that persecute humanity..

Comment

That bike looks amazing!!!
                              I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                              -Unholy m-
                              Current project: Un-Katchable
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X